Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hand Soap Wasting - New Trick
jojosmommy 10:57 AM 10-03-2011
I just read in my parents magazine that you can put a rubber band on the pump part of the soap to prevent kids from squirting too much soap on their little hand each time they wash. It prevents the pump from going down all the way and thus squirts out less soap- a more accurate size for little hands. I tried it this AM and OMG it worked! My "soap waster" was so upset! LOL
Childminder 11:05 AM 10-03-2011
Thanks for the tip! I always water mine down but some kids just pump and pump.
Crazy8 11:09 AM 10-03-2011
neat tip! I use the foam soap - find it works well for the little "soap wasters".
WImom 12:14 PM 10-03-2011
Thanks for the tip. I need a toliet paper tip now too.
MsMe 12:31 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
smoosh your roll so the cardboard part has creases in it. It won't spin as easy so they can't roll as much off so fast.
Hunni Bee 07:03 PM 10-04-2011
Do they have any tricks for institutional-style bathroom products?? Like paper towel dispensers, the soap dispenser...

I took all the paper towel out the bathrooms because I got tired of my kids coming out of the bathroom with an 8-foot piece of toweling. Its now on a old fashioned wooden paper towel holder...probably like your grandma has. It takes skill just to get one piece off.

But they still waste the soap like nobody's business. They just press the dispenser and let it run down into the sink, or they fill their hand up with it. I'm ready to take that out too and just have soap in a pump, and give them a pump when they need it. But I know that's violating licensing codes...don't they know three-year-olds can't handle total control over resources???
Country Kids 07:50 PM 10-04-2011
I believe lisol has a new soap dispenser that you just put your hand under and it gives you soap.

I have the child finish going to the bathroom then go in and help them with their washing. I put the amount of soap in their hands, stand there while they soap up and then watch as the rinse. I then hand them the paper towel and have them thoughly dry their hands off.

No soap waste/paper towel waste that way!!!!
rbmom 08:40 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I just read in my parents magazine that you can put a rubber band on the pump part of the soap to prevent kids from squirting too much soap on their little hand each time they wash. It prevents the pump from going down all the way and thus squirts out less soap- a more accurate size for little hands. I tried it this AM and OMG it worked! My "soap waster" was so upset! LOL
Great idea!!
MommieNana4 05:08 AM 10-05-2011
Thanks for the tip.
tbutler 06:58 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
Lol! I know what you mean. I give them toilet paper myself to make sure they don't use a roll a day.
tbutler 07:00 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I believe lisol has a new soap dispenser that you just put your hand under and it gives you soap.

I have the child finish going to the bathroom then go in and help them with their washing. I put the amount of soap in their hands, stand there while they soap up and then watch as the rinse. I then hand them the paper towel and have them thoughly dry their hands off.

No soap waste/paper towel waste that way!!!!
I do the same thing. Helps not to waste soap, paper towels, and not have water all over the floor too.
Springdaze 08:35 AM 10-05-2011
great but how do you keep them from opening it and dumping it!!!!!lol I have to be in there with them because they have clogged my toilet so many times and hubby gets mad!
Tags:hand sanitizer, wash hands
Reply Up