Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice On Reporting Daycare?
ingmo 10:20 AM 09-12-2017
I know of a daycare who regularly books 12-15 children in a 1br apartment. The provider leaves every day for 4 hours and leaves assistants understaffed and below minimum standards. Has 1 extra employee still "on record" but she does not work there. Regularly 6-8 babies and 4-5 toddlers. Building has camera system assistants “take extra babies outside” before the inspector can come up stairs. Making it almost impossible to catch. Hires illegal help. Does not turn on air conditioner in the summer. Gets govt assistance for free food, fed to the children. Takes unethical actions on children who cry. I’m not really sure how to report this matter properly, because she knows how to escape investigation. Any suggestions?
Blackcat31 10:23 AM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by ingmo:
I know of a daycare who regularly books 12-15 children in a 1br apartment. The provider leaves every day for 4 hours and leaves assistants understaffed and below minimum standards. Has 1 extra employee still "on record" but she does not work there. Regularly 6-8 babies and 4-5 toddlers. Building has camera system assistants “take extra babies outside” before the inspector can come up stairs. Making it almost impossible to catch. Hires illegal help. Does not turn on air conditioner in the summer. Gets govt assistance for free food, fed to the children. Takes unethical actions on children who cry. I’m not really sure how to report this matter properly, because she knows how to escape investigation. Any suggestions?
Click on the state you are in.
The proper agency to contact to report will be listed within the link

https://www.daycare.com/states.html
amberrose3dg 10:37 AM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by ingmo:
If you have proof and know this is going on is there a way to turn it in? I would call CPS in your state. They show up unannounced and can catch the illegal activity. I would contact the local law enforcement as well if you suspect abuse or neglect.
This breaks my heart.
Mike 04:40 PM 09-12-2017
Tell them about the extra baby removal and they will probably have an extra person go to watch the exit.
Meeko 01:39 PM 09-13-2017
Call licensing and report. If something similar happens here in Utah, they "stake out" the home and video children arriving. The provider can't argue when there is video of 15 kids arriving and only the parent leaving. They would also have another inspector at the back of the facility to watch and see if children are being removed before the inspector can see them.

We are mandated reporters. That amount of children/lack of supervision/blatant disregard of rules is all dangerous to the kids in care and MUST be reported.
ingmo 11:38 AM 09-14-2017
Thank you for the tips/ info.
MarinaVanessa 11:52 AM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Tell them about the extra baby removal and they will probably have an extra person go to watch the exit.
This. Clarify that any time that someone from licensing shows up staff takes children out from a different exit in order to avoid being caught. Relay the number of possible exits and recommend that they come with enough analysts to cover them all. An overhead map image or a general drawing to diagram where they leave from could come in very helpful to them so they know where to look.

If you have the woman's name who they have on file as a staff member but no longer works there you can give that name too, if possible her contact information as well. They can then contact her to confirm whether she works there or not.
Mom2Two 12:26 PM 09-14-2017
How do you know about this? You know a lot of details, including governement food program. Do you work there or do you live in the same complex? I am assuming you are not a parent.
CalCare 02:39 PM 09-14-2017
My sister worked in a center and they actually did move kids around as licensing walked the center. She was shocked. I was shocked to hear about it. I couldn't believe it really happens. It seems crazy. They literally had her take children to different areas to look like there were less kids. I can't imagine taking such a risk. Why!? She didn't last long. She said it was pretty bad there.
Unregistered 03:13 PM 09-22-2017
Call licensing in your state. If they feel it is a valid complaint, they will investigate it. Have you found out if this location is a licensed provider?
Tags:reporting - daycare
Reply Up