Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping with Stuffed Animal?
newtodaycare22 10:46 AM 09-28-2012
Ok, all of my preschoolers (3-5) are allowed to pick a stuffed animal to sleep with. They cuddle up, and go to sleep. Except one...she makes it dance, talks to it, etc....and of course doesn't sleep. Her animal is from home. Is it mean to make her leave it at home or not nap with it? She fights sleep so much and, in my eyes, it's just a tool to help her stay awake. Any thoughts?
WImom 10:50 AM 09-28-2012
I have one like that too. My rule is they are for cuddling. If your playing with it it's getting taken away after a reminder. Nap time is not for playing. I may have one day of a tantrum but they don't do it twice.
Heidi 10:52 AM 09-28-2012
I agree with WiMom..
cheerfuldom 10:53 AM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Ok, all of my preschoolers (3-5) are allowed to pick a stuffed animal to sleep with. They cuddle up, and go to sleep. Except one...she makes it dance, talks to it, etc....and of course doesn't sleep. Her animal is from home. Is it mean to make her leave it at home or not nap with it? She fights sleep so much and, in my eyes, it's just a tool to help her stay awake. Any thoughts?
she is old enough to understand that the toy needs to go to sleep too or it will be put away for nap. thats not mean, that is doing what you need to do as an adult, doing what is in her best interest.
Reply Up