Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Giving up! - Potty Training
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:39 AM 01-11-2010
ok, I had a boy (will be 3 feb 2nd) potty trained. I worked all last month, last week not one accident. Parents have yet to bring unders for him. Put diapers on him. Today he has not went on potty once. He says he doesnt wear unders anymore. Diapers only. I called mom,.. they were too busy this weekend to potty him. She Figured he would get back into a routine this week. ummmm,.. Im done pushing it. If he tells me he has to go fine, but Im tired of doing all the work, then getting crapped on.
momma2girls 10:50 AM 01-11-2010
I would totally be the same way, it has to be done at home just as much as in daycare for it to work!!
melissa ann 11:24 AM 01-11-2010
I hear you. Last summer when dcb was 3 1/2, I stopped putting a diaper on at naptime. He did have a few accidents but has beeen good since. Grandpa still puts a diaper on him at nighttime. He is now 4 yrs old. He doesn't want to clean the bed in case boy wets himself while sleeping. I told grandpa he is neve going to learn to wake up if he's not given the chance. I'm sure he will have some accidents but that's the way it goes. Grandpa still treats him like a baby. Although, he's been getting better. Somewhat. Dcb likes being a "big" boy while in my care and when grandpa tries to help him with his coat, the boy says no, he can do it. This is why he doesn't know his alphabets, colors or numbers. At home, he's watching tv in his own room. From what boy tells me.
momofsix 04:06 PM 01-11-2010
I agree, I have one family--the oldest boy I trained by myself when he was almost four, b/c I was not about to change a diaper on a 4 year old! second boy turned 3 in Nov.--I've talked to them about training, he goes all the time here, but screams about it b/c at home he doesn't have to. Both boys need help putting on coats, shoes, boots...everything! Well, with my broken wrist I have an excuse (to tell the parents) for not helping them anymore, and guess what-- for me they can do it all on their own, when mom comes she doesn't even give them the opportunuty--just does everything for them. GRRRRRR!
originalkat 05:58 AM 01-12-2010
I am neck deep in potty training right now. My older daughter was potty trained at 26 mo. within 2 weeks. So I was pretty confident about training my younger daughter. Well she will be 3 in March and still no success. I also have two others-- just turned three and three in March girls who I have been working with. The Just turned three has now been trained for a month or two...with really little I or her parents doing too much. SHe just did it on her own. (of course we reminded her and all ) But there wasnt a struggle.

Today the Three in March girl is in panties instead of pull ups because she has only one or two accidents and I THINK she will cross over into fully potty trained if it is "serious" instead of just pull ups. We shall see.

WHY DOES MY DAUGHTER HAVE NO INTEREST IN POTTY TRAINING!!!! SHE IS ALMOST THREE! HELP! I NEEP ECOURAGEMENT/ADVICE!
Unregistered 06:01 AM 01-12-2010
I charge $10 extra a week for non potty trained children. I have a potty training guide that goes in the parent pack that outlines what must be done for me to consider the child ready to start potty training here.. I.E. shows that they are ready, tells me they have to go with out me asking or taking them every 30 minutes, they must be able to dress and undress themselves and must have been trained at home for at least a week with good results before i will start doing it. It also says that unless they are able to go a full two weeks without an accident I do not consider them potty trained. It also says that if child is not fully trained by 4 they will be charged more. I did this because 1. I was tired of dcp expecting me to potty train thier child 2. I have and will never again change a 4 yr old because the parents were to lazy to work with him (unless it was a medical issue then I'd do it.
I've also had a parent try saying that their 11/2 yr old was potty training, no she wasnt anywhere ready but mom thought she could lower her dc bill by pushing her, i refused to help in my home as i knew this child was no where near ready (she doesnt even talk) and wouldnt do it, two months later mom says 'i guess she wasnt ready yet', hhmm really?
It needs to be well established at home and the child needs to feel comfortable and want to use the potty before i will work with them otherwise im the one being trained and its a waste of time and i think more damaging to push a child thats not ready.
gbcc 09:04 AM 01-12-2010
I am having issues right now. dcb turned 3 on the 5th. I think that is way to old to be pooping in a diaper. It is just gross and they get that big boy smell. On the 2 days I have him he goes all day in the potty, no accidents. I ask mom how's it going at home. Oh, not well, he never initiates anything. What?? Whose the adult, whose training? Come on parents!
momma2girls 09:25 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
I am having issues right now. dcb turned 3 on the 5th. I think that is way to old to be pooping in a diaper. It is just gross and they get that big boy smell. On the 2 days I have him he goes all day in the potty, no accidents. I ask mom how's it going at home. Oh, not well, he never initiates anything. What?? Whose the adult, whose training? Come on parents!
I had a dc girl that was almost 4 that kept pooping in her diaper, would not poop on the potty. The worse thing about this the parents were not doing anything about it!!! She would scream for me to change her as soon as she pooped in it!!! If I was busy feeding a baby or wahtever, she would scream till I was finished, plus she kept waking up my own baby and another one here!! FUN!!!!!!! FUN!!!!!!
Tags:diaper, poop, potty training
Reply Up