Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mine are Dropping Like Flies!
SandeeAR 12:55 PM 01-19-2011
One has been out all week with Bronchitis (5 mo), he had croup 2 weeks ago. His older sister (2.5 y/o) is here today, while he is gone to the Dr again, but coughing. 9 mo, was only here Monday, just found out she now has RSV. 1 y/o is the only one well at this point.

So needless to say, I have been busy bleaching, washing and lysoling ( if that is a word).
nannyde 01:27 PM 01-19-2011
This year has been AMAZING for health. We've had a pretty mild winter. I haven't had a kid out for being sick once since summer. Wooooot
SandeeAR 01:34 PM 01-19-2011
This is the first real illness we have had in a year. Two of them had ear infections when we went from summer to winter time, but that is it. Mom of the two said the oldest was out of day care more than in the first year of her life. I got her at 18 mos. She has been sick once in the past year, she got the H1N1 from me LOL.
littlemonkeys 01:42 PM 01-19-2011
You sound like me with the cleaning... I have one out with RSV right now too and she's going to be out for at least 2 weeks and today I got a call from my other ft dcp and said her daughter has a cold and might be out all week. I have one part timer here this week and I called my drop in parent and told her I have drop in availability this week. We'll see what happens!
SandeeAR 01:47 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by FritzKorner:
You sound like me with the cleaning... I have one out with RSV right now too and she's going to be out for at least 2 weeks and today I got a call from my other ft dcp and said her daughter has a cold and might be out all week. I have one part timer here this week and I called my drop in parent and told her I have drop in availability this week. We'll see what happens!
Out two weeks? My parent said Dr told her dcg could return Monday. She just found out today it was RSV. She was here Monday, but hasn't been back since.
Blackcat31 02:12 PM 01-19-2011
I'm starting to see some cases of Norovirus. Two so far and a few very minor cases but only two have had to stay/go home so far. This is the first round of anything we've had in awhile...(knock on wood)
littlemonkeys 02:27 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Out two weeks? My parent said Dr told her dcg could return Monday. She just found out today it was RSV. She was here Monday, but hasn't been back since.
That's strange?? I would just make sure you have a Dr's clearance before that dck returns to dc.

My dcb is 8 months old and her older 2 y/o sister (not in my dc) was diagnosed last Monday, so they took the 8 month old in last Tuesday to be checked. She came back positive with RSV and the Dr had them come back to be re-checked last Fri and her lungs were still not clear and told them to return Tues (yesterday). The Dr said yesterday that her lungs were still not clear, she was still wheezing and her RSV test was still positive. Their pediatrician won't even re-check her for clearance back to dc until next Tuesday
SandeeAR 05:57 PM 01-19-2011
Well, just found out the one with Bronchitis, now has RSV. 2 down. Hope the other two don't get it!
littlemonkeys 09:00 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Well, just found out the one with Bronchitis, now has RSV. 2 down. Hope the other two don't get it!
Oh wow... poor kids! So I'm a bit curious... what is your policy when a dck is out due to an illness?

I posted this yesterday because of a parent issue wanting a partial credit.
SandeeAR 05:26 AM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by FritzKorner:
Oh wow... poor kids! So I'm a bit curious... what is your policy when a dck is out due to an illness?

I posted this yesterday because of a parent issue wanting a partial credit.
They pay if they miss, period. They are paying for the spot, not the day. Mine are all part time, so they can't get that anywhere else. I do not charge for the few Holidays a year I take off. Also, I do not charge if I'm sick and close.
SandeeAR 05:35 AM 01-21-2011
#3, the 1 y/o's Mom just called. She is taking him to the Dr. He had the green junk nose and is coughing and just not feeling himself. He is NEVER sick, one ear infection in his first year. Told her to be sure the Dr knows he has been exposed to Croup, Bronchitus and RSV x 2!

Another day off, but I would have rather had him today!
Tags:bronchitis, sickness
Reply Up