Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Policy / Wording Suggestions Requested...
CityGarden 02:14 AM 01-30-2017
I am working on my policies and trying to tighten any lose areas. I charge monthly and want 30 days notice prior to the start of the month..... The following seems to be too "wordy" and may confuse parents. Any tips to tighten it up? Anyone have a way with words to revise this?

· We require a mandatory 30 days-advanced written notice before the start of the month following the notice when withdrawing your child during the school year. If the notice is given as above, only the monthly fee for the following month will be payable in full, else the monthly fee for the month in which the notice is given as well as the monthly fee for the following month will be payable in full.
Blackcat31 06:02 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I am working on my policies and trying to tighten any lose areas. I charge monthly and want 30 days notice prior to the start of the month..... The following seems to be too "wordy" and may confuse parents. Any tips to tighten it up? Anyone have a way with words to revise this?

· We require a mandatory 30 days-advanced written notice before the start of the month following the notice when withdrawing your child during the school year. If the notice is given as above, only the monthly fee for the following month will be payable in full, else the monthly fee for the month in which the notice is given as well as the monthly fee for the following month will be payable in full.
"30 days notice is required for withdrawal. Notices must be received before the start of a new month. Payment for the final month is due with the written notice of withdrawal. "

I wouldn't even bother with saying anything about notices received after the first of the month and just bold or highlight the part about notices only being accepted before the start of a new month.

Take the opportunity to explain it during the interview too.
daycarediva 09:34 AM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
"30 days notice is required for withdrawal. Notices must be received before the start of a new month. Payment for the final month is due with the written notice of withdrawal. "

I wouldn't even bother with saying anything about notices received after the first of the month and just bold or highlight the part about notices only being accepted before the start of a new month.

Take the opportunity to explain it during the interview too.

although I would add in something about tuition being due, regardless of attendance.
CityGarden 10:29 AM 01-30-2017
Thanks ladies.
Tags:notice - 30 day, policies
Reply Up