Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Employee Solicing Sales During Work
springv 09:54 AM 07-07-2020
Good morning,
What would you do about this????? An employee is trying to solicite sales for a weight loss product and wants people to join
Attached: Screenshot_20200707-115026.png (470.5 KB) 
Cat Herder 09:57 AM 07-07-2020
Is it on your business facebook page?
DaveA 10:28 AM 07-07-2020
If it’s on your Daycare Facebook page tell her to delete it.

In any center I worked at we couldn’t do this. One place had me with my bladesmithing, a woman who made & sold lotions/ soap, and a couple other business ran by employees. Aside from break room conversations with coworkers the only thing we were allowed to do was give someone a business card if asked about it. We we to tell them to contact us outside daycare. Soliciting sales, delivering orders (except to coworkers) or passing out promotional materials was forbidden.
springv 12:05 PM 07-07-2020
It's on her personal page but she's friends with several of the daycare parents and has been for as long as she worked at the center! I just feel like she shouldn't be allowed to do this while working for an employer in a daycare center. Yes, people have done pyramid schemes before and it's gotten old but this is to much
storybookending 12:09 PM 07-07-2020
Is she posting during work hours?
Bluemoon5 01:03 PM 07-07-2020
I'd be really upset if my directors/owners tried to tell me I couldn't advertise my own personal side business on my own personal Facebook page. As long as she's not posting during work hours or actively soliciting parents while at the daycare I don't see how what she does on her own time has anything to do with the daycare.

Then again we are not supposed to be friends with current parents on social media, which I do think is a good policy for centers.
springv 01:23 PM 07-07-2020
The post was made 17 hours ago but I don't know if it was during work hours.
springv 01:25 PM 07-07-2020
My opinion about the whole thing is that if she's going to post her side business at least get a business FB page and don't post it on your personal page
DaveA 01:45 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
It's on her personal page but she's friends with several of the daycare parents and has been for as long as she worked at the center! I just feel like she shouldn't be allowed to do this while working for an employer in a daycare center. Yes, people have done pyramid schemes before and it's gotten old but this is to much
Ok- I thought this was on or linked to the Daycare’s page. If it’s on her personal page it’s not your problem or even place to mess with. If she’s not doing it on company time no point in borrowing the headache. My advice is let it go.
Blackcat31 01:52 PM 07-07-2020
I think how someone else chooses to manage their side business isn’t anyone’s business but theirs.

Let her do her. You do you.
Life is less stressful that way.
Former Teacher 04:01 PM 07-07-2020
I agree with the others.

As long as she's not doing this on YOUR time, I would let it go.
springv 12:13 PM 07-08-2020
Thanks guys!!!!
Tags:pyramid scheme
Reply Up