Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Done Being Nice
wdmmom 06:19 PM 12-23-2012
Now, let me start off by saying this...I never expect much for Christmas but when I don't even get so much as a thank you, it really rubs me wrong.

This past year I took ZERO unscheduled days off. NONE! NODDA! I planned 1 personal day in February, my vacation in July and my remaining paid days off this week.

I also had a good year and spent well over $80 in gifts, crafts, and our holiday party.

Not only am I absolutely DISGUSTED by the lack of gratitude, I am really considering terming 2 families. Not only for the rudeness but for not paying me the 2 weeks upfront like they were suppose to. Now either I'm going to have to play bill collector to get them to come by again this Friday (which is a paid day off for me) or I get paid 5 full days late.

After all of this, I think I'm going to start worrying and caring more about me and schedule those doctor appointments I'm always putting off.

Any suggestions??
WoodOx 07:40 PM 12-23-2012
I know what you mean, only one family said thank you, the rest pfft(nothing, no thank you, nothing)one termed on me friday
I gave some great gifts too, I did not do a christmas party thou BC I had already spent enough on gifts. I don't plan to do much next year either, no gifts for ALL the kids only the good one's
My new years resolution is to put my family and me first, I am tiered of over working myself for these family's and they don't seem to be thankful for it.
enjoy your break
MamaG 11:07 PM 12-23-2012
The parents are what make this job hard. I'm lucky to have a great family to work with. I will be super picky about any new families I let sign up. I want to make money, but at what cost?

Good luck!
wdmmom 11:29 PM 12-24-2012
I am super picky about who I choose to work for. I get Christmas is expensive and times are tough but a thank you goes such a long way.
itlw8 03:41 PM 12-25-2012
I think when we respect ourselves others respect us.

We NEED to take time off . It makes us better providers. When parents have plenty of notice they can make plans.

gift or not I feel appreciated. when I see a posting of the kids on facebook with something they did here or learned here. I know the parents like it.

Do take time off not as a punishment but for yourself. Plus it you let them know the dates and stick to it they know to really plan ahead.
Reply Up