Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Have A Yard Sign??
JeepGirl6 11:27 AM 09-24-2013
For those of you that have yard sign for advertising your In Home Child Care, do you get a lot of clients this way? I was going to be ordering some off of vistaprint this week and was wondering if this will help me pick up new children quickly. I have tried putting out flyers at businesses near me, put my ad on craigslist, sittercity and care and I am not having any luck and $$ is getting really tight. I have a hospital and college located 3 minutes away from my house so hopefully that will help bring in children with the yard signs. Thanks
jessrlee 11:29 AM 09-24-2013
Yes. My yard sign has been invaluable!! Just be sure it's ok in your city!
craftymissbeth 11:40 AM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Yes. My yard sign has been invaluable!! Just be sure it's ok in your city!
I want a cute yard sign, but we have to have a special permit in my city and it's just a hassle I'm not in the mood for
butterfly 12:00 PM 09-24-2013
No yard sign here. I'm a little worried about creepers seeing I'm a daycare and stalking me or the kids. Yes, I'm a little paranoid.
laceylmm 08:24 AM 09-25-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
No yard sign here. I'm a little worried about creepers seeing I'm a daycare and stalking me or the kids. Yes, I'm a little paranoid.
I think the same way but then I also think they could creep on actual crnters jut as easily....this is also why I keep my door locked the majority of the day though.
earlystart 11:10 AM 09-25-2013
I have a sign from vistaprint, I keep it closer to my front door, not way out in the lawn. I've gotten several calls from it from people in the neighborhood, but they are few and far between. I had the most luck with craigslist. I also get a good amount of calls from my local R&R (happens to be YMCA out here who gives out referrals to licensed centers). Funny thing is only two of my families live in the same city as me, the others live in a city or two over (we're talking just 20-30 mins away), but I'm near their work. So make sure your craigslist ad talks about your location is close to the hospital and college
Lyss 09:39 AM 09-26-2013
I don't because I have provider friends that have had issues because of it, like late night prospects knocking on the door, issues with neighbors, and the garbage company requiring "commercial business" rates...

I always check out other signs when I see them and think "oh I want a sign like that!" (or "eek, I'd never put that sign up" ) so they are grabbing some attention!
Maria2013 10:23 AM 09-26-2013
I don't have a sign, (I would if I lived on a busy street) I get all my clients through internet search
coolconfidentme 10:36 AM 09-26-2013
My daycare is open day & night so I re-purposed an old twin headboard & turn it into my sign. (Super cute too!) It is attached to my front deck railing & I get many calls from it too.
WImom 11:05 AM 09-26-2013
I have one I put up a few weeks ago since we have so many people walking in my subdivision. I haven't gotten anything from it though. I will probably take it down before winter.
Tags:yard sign
Reply Up