Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nan...Sleep 101
MommyMuffin 12:35 PM 09-09-2011
Nan...I know your busy but I need help!!

12 month old dcb, comes 12:30 - 5:30 mon through fri. Falls asleep on car ride over here or dad lets him pass out in living room around 10:30 at home.

I feed him when he comes and put him in my bedroom in a pnp (nap time is 1:00), there are no other kids with him and I put a fan on. He screams and screams!! It has been like this since he first came.

I usually let him have it out for about 15 - 30 minutes...check on him 15 - 30 minutes longer. Then I just give up. He is going to start walking soon and I dont want him running all around waking everyone up.

I will follow whatever advice you have!! Please help! Thanks
nannyde 12:50 PM 09-09-2011
Are you allowing half day pay?
MommyMuffin 01:55 PM 09-09-2011
No I am charging them by the hour...always minimun 5 hours a day paid. $125 a week. My fulltime rate would be $155 a week.
nannyde 03:58 PM 09-09-2011
Okay

So they are just setting it up so the kid naps on their clock in the morning. That's what the problem is.

You need to tell them that he is not sleeping during nap and that he needs to arrive at your house at whatever time it is that you KNOW he is going to have enough up time to do down time at nap.

If he has slept a couple of hours before he comes to you... it's not reasonable to have him sleep until he has been at your house for three hours or so. If that three hours of awake time is when the other kids are sleeping it just won't work.

There's no technique that will get a rested kid to nap on your clock. He has to be on the same schedule at home that your day (morning) kids are for them to all sleep at the same time.

Can they just fork over the full rate and just bring him to you in the morning? He should be walking soon so that should be enough to get Dad to bring him earlier.
Unregistered 12:29 PM 09-10-2011
sorry but this is funny.....and so true

"He should be walking soon, so that should be enough to get him to bring him early"

made me chuckle, thanks for the giggle
Unregistered 08:05 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
He should be walking soon so that should be enough to get Dad to bring him earlier.
And you all say you DON'T think the worst of the parents? Just because the kid will be walking the dad won't want to deal with it and will bring him earlier??
MommyMuffin 10:41 AM 09-12-2011
Update. I talked to dcd today about schedule at home and he told me that they had a hard weekend trying to get him to take a nap at all and that he was really crabby. He said he doesnt take a nap in the am at home, only falls asleep on the ride over.

Now I am stumped!
nannyde 10:54 AM 09-12-2011
I would just tell Dad he needs to be fed before he comes and then put him straight to bed right when the gets there.

Feeding a meal after a catnap over is going to be enough to jack him up to not want to sleep.
Tags:nannyde, screams all day, won't sleep
Reply Up