Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bought A Huge Calendar
sahm2three 08:25 PM 11-09-2011
for circle time. I have mostly really littles (1 and 2 yo's). So I plan on doing our regular songs to start out (start out with If you are happy and you know it, and then twinkle twinkle or itsy bitsy spider to slow things down). But with that age range what kinds of things would you do with them to incorporate the calendar? I was going to wait until Monday, but we have a bday tomorrow and wanted to start tomorrow.

By the way, here is my calendar: http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resou...0895492&sr=8-1

Edited to add that we will do the days of the week song. But what else? Talk about the weather, what they wore to daycare, etc?

newtodaycare22 08:31 PM 11-09-2011
I have my kids dress up a felt man and put the right clothes on him.
Also, related to this...

Here's a weather song that mine like"
(the tune of Oh my Darling)

Whats the weather?
What's the weather?
what's the weather out today
Tell me children whats the weather
Whats the weather out today

Is it sunny (act out with arms in a circle)
Is it cloudy (cover eyes)
is it windy out today (shake arms)
Is it snowing (fists snowing from the sky)
Is it rainy (fingers dripping from the sky)
Whats the weather out today?
juliebug 08:31 PM 11-09-2011
i have a calender like that I love it! holds up so well so far.

we sing days of the week, talk about what day, month , number it is.

we talk a little about weather and look out the window to decide what the weather is then read out book for what we are working on
daycare 08:35 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
for circle time. I have mostly really littles (1 and 2 yo's). So I plan on doing our regular songs to start out (start out with If you are happy and you know it, and then twinkle twinkle or itsy bitsy spider to slow things down). But with that age range what kinds of things would you do with them to incorporate the calendar? I was going to wait until Monday, but we have a bday tomorrow and wanted to start tomorrow.

By the way, here is my calendar: http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resou...0895492&sr=8-1

Edited to add that we will do the days of the week song. But what else? Talk about the weather, what they wore to daycare, etc?
heres one that I love

after we eat, we do a mild stretch... have the kids pretend to put jelly or peanut butter on their toes and then ask them to smell it...say eweee stinky add in more stretches that they can do and even help them do it.

after this let them get up and go crazy...lol sign shake you crazies out...this is our version..
we start out loud and fast
to end slow and whisper whisper whisper our crazies out, which takes us back to the floor sitting and we read a story... When reading get all of the kids to tell you about the pictures. if there is a dog, what does the dog say, and so on. Or maybe even flip cards of animals.

I love circle time...Im the best at it......lol
youretooloud 09:02 PM 11-09-2011
We do the same thing every single day. I have for 35 years, and they've never gotten tired of it.

We say the days of the week, then add a number (or however many need to be added) and count those.

Then, we sing every version of five little monkeys known to man so they can all take turns jumping and "falling off the bed" or getting "snapped" by alligator. Then, we sing them again. We do other songs too, but can't have a day without monkeys apparently.

At least twice a week, I have to read "don't let pigeon drive the bus".
CaliMom 11:04 AM 11-10-2011
Daycare, you are too cute! I bet your kids look forward to circle time with you everyday!
daycare 11:09 AM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by CaliMom:
Daycare, you are too cute! I bet your kids look forward to circle time with you everyday!
lol....I had a lady during an interview tell me that I am to weird before. I was singing icky sticky bubble gum...

Guess I need to grow up some..
CaliMom 11:14 AM 11-10-2011
NO!!! Don't grow up. You're enjoying what you do and that's all that matters! Believe me, I am weird too, maybe that's what makes us cut out for this job. Just keep doing what you do cause you seem like a wonderful person and daycare provider!
Tags:calendar
Reply Up