Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feel a Little Irritated
tenderhearts 12:41 PM 07-16-2020
One of my daycare kids came in to day she is 4 and said my mom was mad that the sunscreen was too hard to get off and that I put too much on. Ok well for one they have the option to bring their own or use mine and for 2 she is dark complected so obviously white sunscreen on a dark skinned person is going to be obvious. I mean wouldn't you think she would just be thankful she is being protected? I think I'm going to mention it tonight at pick up and remind them that they can bring their own. Just felt irritated by that.
Jo123ABC 01:15 PM 07-16-2020
The crap kids say sometimes really annoys me too. I would also ask if they'd like to bring their own and leave it up to them.

Speaking of annoying, I'm going to drop my vent here too I have a drop in that made exaggerated disgusted noises when I set his plate down in front of him today. He said "this is gross! Nasty!" It ticked me off. My own 3 year old said "if you don't like mamma's food you should go in time out" haha! Then a of my regular kids told me I'm "the best cooker ever!" and ate just fine. We had slow cooker pork roast, buttered bread with cheese, and steamed potatoes and carrots.
tenderhearts 01:26 PM 07-16-2020
Yea I have had kids say that too, but I have had kids pipe up and say you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, it always makes me laugh.
Jo123ABC 03:13 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Yea I have had kids say that too, but I have had kids pipe up and say you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, it always makes me laugh.
Love this!
e.j. 03:18 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
We had slow cooker pork roast, buttered bread with cheese, and steamed potatoes and carrots.
It wasn't McDonald's, chicken nuggets or Kraft Mac and Cheese so....
tenderhearts 03:50 PM 07-16-2020
It's so frustrating when I have parents that literally take orders of each kid for what they want for dinner, it's no wonder they wont eat what is served.
CeriBear 06:17 AM 07-17-2020
I love it when a child says that. Sometimes it just makes my day. I was rewarding the children with Frozen stickers one day and one little girl whined that she wanted Elsa not Olaf. Another child calmly said. “You get what you get and don’t throw a fit.” So cute.
Rockgirl 10:29 AM 07-17-2020
One of my daycare kids came in to day she is 4 and said my mom was mad that the sunscreen was too hard to get off and that I put too much on. Ok well for one they have the option to bring their own or use mine and for 2 she is dark complected so obviously white sunscreen on a dark skinned person is going to be obvious. I mean wouldn't you think she would just be thankful she is being protected? I think I'm going to mention it tonight at pick up and remind them that they can bring their own. Just felt irritated by that.
I don’t read much into what kids say. It could’ve been that dcm said something like, “This sunscreen isn’t coming off easily.” And dck took it to mean dcm was mad. I’ve learned to just not worry about it....I’d keep doing what I’m doing, and if dcm truly has a problem with it, she can address it with you herself.
Tags:parenting styles, sunscreen
Reply Up