Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default DC Family Going on Vacation to FL

I have a dcm with son going to FL for a week next week. She tried to make me more comfortable by saying they were just going to visit a family member. They are getting to FL from WI on plane. With the spike in Covid cases in FL and dcm lack of concern with the higher cases and with covid in general. She wants to put dcb back in care 2 days after they come back. I am just not comfortable with dcb coming back to care right away. Am I being unreasonable?
Old 07-16-2020, 05:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortishanight View Post
I have a dcm with son going to FL for a week next week. She tried to make me more comfortable by saying they were just going to visit a family member. They are getting to FL from WI on plane. With the spike in Covid cases in FL and dcm lack of concern with the higher cases and with covid in general. She wants to put dcb back in care 2 days after they come back. I am just not comfortable with dcb coming back to care right away. Am I being unreasonable?
Short answer: No. You're not unreasonable at all.

Long answer: We're living in a global pandemic.
During this pandemic, you as the caregiver of a large group of children are responsible for looking out for the well being of the group as a whole. That means coming up with policies you feel comfortable with as well as taking any requirements from licensing (if applicable) into consideration.
Personally, I would require that family to refrain from daycare for two weeks after visiting "hot spots".
Of course, you can't control what they do or even if they'll quarantine at all (even though they'll likely be told to do so at the airport).
Old 07-17-2020, 05:22 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I'd enforce a two-week exclusion.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

I also would force two week exclusion.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would also enforce a 14 day exclusion period.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would stick to 2 weeks, no way I would want to take that chance! I work at at a center where a family member traveled, tested, and while waiting for the test sent the kids to daycare. BOTH kids are positive, and now so is one of the teachers. 14 days closed! Better safe than sick

Tags
covid-19, florida, vacation - florida