Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Breakfast?

Does anyone else struggle with breakfast? I seriously hate even thinking about it. Lunch, fine. Snacks, fine. But I just can't seem to get in a good rhythm with breakfast. For a while I was doing a variety of cereals both hot & cold with yogurt & fruit for breakfast, but the kids and I got bored pretty quickly with cereal as the main course. I want to keep it healthy, but I know I'm not eager to cook a meal in the morning. Do you branch out or keep it simple?
Old 08-01-2020, 07:50 PM
New Daycare.com Member

We do waffles, pancakes, cereal,biscuits and they are always served with fruit and milk
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

I donít serve breakfast. Kids eat before drop off.

I serve a large snack at 9:30 that meets food program requirements to be claimed as breakfast.

Eliminates soooo much stress and chaos in the mornings.
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have the same breakfast menu each week, now. I don't want to give up the write-offs and the kids love the repetition. It sets the tone for what routine is in play for the day. It makes it easy to plan and budget as well. Everything can be made in advance except for the scrambled eggs, but those can be served boiled a couple times a month as well for more time saved. I literally just heat and serve in the mornings.

M) Eggs/Toast/Fruit
T) Waffles/Sausage/Fruit
W) Muffins/Cheese/Fruit
T) Bagel/Yogurt/Fruit
F) Hot Cereal/Bacon/Fruit

If I have a no pork family I just switch to tree nuts and small curd cottage cheese. I buy from a local farm.

Personally, I have a meal replacement shake instead so I can enjoy my lunch and dinner. Doc want me at 1200 cal per day. Insane on a southern diet.
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

I love the idea of a set weekly menu. Thank you for posting yours! Make ahead and heat & serve. Simple, but a bit more variety than I was doing. Blackcat, what kind of things do you serve for a larger snack? I have to say that idea sounds appealing.
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post

M) Eggs/Toast/Fruit
T) Waffles/Sausage/Fruit
W) Muffins/Cheese/Fruit
T) Bagel/Yogurt/Fruit
F) Hot Cereal/Bacon/Fruit

Do you make your muffins from scratch?
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyfulnoise View Post
Do you make your muffins from scratch?
Most of the time, but I also cheat and add fresh fruit to pre-fab mixes, especially the Martha White Banana Nut and Honey Bran ones.

Tags
breakfast program