Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Letter Sound Okay?
WImom 08:14 PM 03-11-2013
I just had a parent that didn't even tell me she's pregnant (winter coat and she must not be showing a great deal). She emailed me that she will be giving notice for her older child at the end of the month. Well I have another client who is pregnant and due soon (I don't know her due date). Parents of this DCG are not together and the new baby is not his, they split care for DCG. DCD also asked me recently if I knew any good preschool's in the area ( I'm an all day childcare/preschool for ages 2-5y but whatever!!)

I just don't want to be caught off guard losing this child too as I will be losing a child (above) at the end of March and another one in June (Teacher's kid). I'm trying to sort of get a feel for what they are planning. Does this letter sound okay?
Dear ***xx and ***x,
I wanted to send this to you instead trying to find time to talk to both of you during pick up without interruptions so I hope you don’t mind the letter.

I’m not sure when you are due with your baby, DCM, but I wanted to find out if you have decided what your plans were with DCG once the baby is here. Recently DCD mentioned something about local preschool’s in the area for DCG so I wondered if that was something you were both considering for summer/fall as well.

It seems there could be some change with DCG's schedule here or her not attending at all in the near future so I was hoping to touch base with you both on your plans for DCG attending (my preschool name).

Please let me know as soon as you can. You can reach me by phone, ***-***-***x, email (******x@hotmail.com) or we can try and discuss at pick up.

Thanks,
******x

Lucy 10:45 PM 03-11-2013
You could add that you have a preschool curriculum if they are interested in her staying there.
WImom 06:30 AM 03-12-2013
I was going back and forth with mentioning that. I advertise and interview as a preschool and do everything a preschool does so it really threw me off when DCD asked that. I basically just told him that everyone stays here until K5 so I didn't know of any.
Mom&Provider 06:46 AM 03-12-2013
IMO this is better brought up to each DCP in person, at least to schedule a time for a more formal meeting, if needed. Is that not a possibility? I'd also be concerned for DCD's feelings if I were to hand him a letter with mention of his ex's new baby...that isn't his. I know he's aware of it, obviously, but to hand out a letter stating the obvious with really only one simple question you want answered (is DCG staying or leaving!?) seems a bit odd to me.

Since DCD is the one who mentioned preschool, can you not direct that question at him one day? Simply say, can you confirm if your daughter will be staying here or if you are searching for an alternative preschool? You can then add in that you do also run a preschool format and would be happy to keep her in your care and see what he says!
WImom 07:13 AM 03-12-2013
Yeah, I see your point. I never know who is picking up so I thought this would be easier and they pick up at the same as others so it's hard to talk alot of times. I think I will attempt to talk to them in person first and see what. Thanks for the advice.
NeedaVaca 07:28 AM 03-12-2013
Maybe word it "I understand you are looking to switch to a different preschool?" go from there..."what kind of time frame are you thinking so I can start to plan ahead for it".
Mom&Provider 07:33 AM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by WImom:
Yeah, I see your point. I never know who is picking up so I thought this would be easier and they pick up at the same as others so it's hard to talk alot of times. I think I will attempt to talk to them in person first and see what. Thanks for the advice.

For right now I would worry about asking your questions to DCD. Another thing is if DCM has no idea why he would be asking that could cause all kinds of other issues! You first need to find out why he was asking and if he/they were planning to remove their daughter from your care. GL!
Tags:letter samples, letter to parents, notice of pregnancy
Reply Up