Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>30 Minutes Early And Vomit, Vomit Everywhere!
Unregistered 10:35 AM 04-16-2015
So, I happened to look out the door as I was sending my son upstairs after vomiting, and see one of my parents outside 30 minutes early!!! Good thing I was already dressed, and the daycare was ready to go! Yeesh. No text, phone call or anything.

We are in the central Maryland area, and there is a serious stomach bug decimating the schools and daycares. There were 11 kids absent from my son's class on Monday, my daughter had already starting throwing up Sunday, and her preschool had half the kids absent, too.

I warned the parents (one of the kids last week had it but wasn't exhibiting symptoms until the day after she was in my care - so basically infected everyone without knowing!), and told them what was happening.

They all decided to risk it since there seems to be no stopping this stomach bug. So, I have had my own kids vomiting constantly, and now the 4-month-old is taking spit-up to a whole new level (pediatrician wants to put him on baby zantac). Plus, the 18-month-old just started vomiting.

It has been 5 days of vomit smell and grossness here. I am a sympathy vomiter (word?) and my gag reflex has been working like crazy! Thank goodness my husband has been able to stay with the kids all week instead of going to work! Beware if you are on the eastern seaboard!
AuntTami 11:07 AM 04-16-2015
Flu bug or not, vomiting for any reason is grounds for sending kiddo home for me. I too am a sympathy vomiter. I would have a serious problem if I kept vomiting kids lol
missbecky 06:38 PM 04-17-2015
You are a brave, or crazy, woman for even opening! Hopefully you are all feeling better now!
Thriftylady 07:17 PM 04-17-2015
It has been horrid here in Ohio also. DH and DD had it last Friday/Saturday. Luckily I haven't had it yet. DH had to get a shot because he couldn't quit vomiting, and DD had quit vomiting but her stomach still felt awful so they gave her some pills. Didn't stop the bug, but helped the vomiting.
Reply Up