Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Have Some Wording Help?
childcaremom 07:22 AM 03-14-2016
I had 2 interviews over the past few weekends and both families would like the spaces. There are 2 issues that I need to address and need some help with the wording.

1 - Family has twins. In email prior to interview hours requested were until 5, except for one day/week which would be 5:15ish. I am currently open until 5:30 but am hoping to change to 5 as my latest client. During interview, dcm said that she isn't sure of what her hours are going to be but that sometimes she has to stay past 4:30, which would mean a pick up of after 5. There is one day a week where dcd would be picking up and I am ok with one day only, but not a complete week, kwim. So I would like to be able to say that, yes, I would love to have you as a client but I am not available past 5 pm, except for the one day.

2 - I accepted and am enrolling another new client that I met with this weekend.

The issue here is that I have a current client that wants to move to part time over her mat leave. Full time trumps part time. We do not have a contract in place yet. If the twins do not enroll, there isn't an issue, as I will have room. If the twins do enroll (which I am hoping to have figured out this week) then I will not have room for the current family to move to part time, except for one month and then do not have space.

Can someone help me with some short and clear wording. I tend to overthink things and get too wordy.

Thanks!
NightOwl 08:06 AM 03-14-2016
For the twins, the last line of that paragraph is perfect imo. Their needs after 5pm aren't your problem technically. I'm sure there is someone else available to pick them up, grandparents, family friends, aunts or uncles. But that's on them to arrange, not you.

I'm unclear as to why you can accommodate the maternity leave kid for full time, but not part time? But if this is indeed the case, for whatever reason, and if the twins enroll, you could say something like, due to the changing dynamics of my group, I will not be able to accommodate any part time spots at this time. The only options available are to either keep your full time position or withdraw your child. I wish I could be more accommodating, but licensing rules will not permit it (if this is why you won't have availability).
childcaremom 08:24 AM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
For the twins, the last line of that paragraph is perfect imo. Their needs after 5pm aren't your problem technically. I'm sure there is someone else available to pick them up, grandparents, family friends, aunts or uncles. But that's on them to arrange, not you.

I'm unclear as to why you can accommodate the maternity leave kid for full time, but not part time? But if this is indeed the case, for whatever reason, and if the twins enroll, you could say something like, due to the changing dynamics of my group, I will not be able to accommodate any part time spots at this time. The only options available are to either keep your full time position or withdraw your child. I wish I could be more accommodating, but licensing rules will not permit it (if this is why you won't have availability).
I would keep her if she were to stay full time but want to fill the open spots. If I don't take the twins, I will keep her on, advertise that I have space, try to fill her off days but will take a full timer if they come along first. It is hard to find part timers with days that work, kwim? If the twins enroll, then they would replace her part time spot (they don't start for a while) and another full timer who I've been trying to replace for a while.
childcaremom 08:33 AM 03-14-2016
eta: When dcm returns to work next spring I will not have room for both her and her sibling which is why I am trying not to feel so badly terming them for the full timer, kwim?
NightOwl 08:42 AM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
eta: When dcm returns to work next spring I will not have room for both her and her sibling which is why I am trying not to feel so badly terming them for the full timer, kwim?
I gotcha. That got complicated quick! Lol. Sounds like prego dcm is more trouble than she's worth, especially if you can't take both kids after maternity leave anyway. Go for the twins.
Tags:filling spots, filling spots policy, interview - multiple, letter samples
Reply Up