Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Took A New Job. . . Excited!!! Advice On Giving Notice To My Current Family
momofboys 12:00 PM 01-04-2011
I have had a TON of problems getting clients. I have done everything under the sun to get more clients (ads in paper, referral bonus, CL ads, brochures hung at the library/post office, trying to tell tons of people what I do, etc) but nothing. So I started thinking outside of the box & thought I might enjoy working as a nanny if the hours/location were right & the potential family could work with me in the summer (I have 2 SA boys of my own & would not want to have to take them with me to another family's home). So I interviewed with a family last week who live about 1.5 miles from my house . They have 2 kids & would allow me to bring my 3 year old to their home. The hours are SUPER (4 days a week 8:30-4) so I can sleep in, get my older kids to school before going to work. In the summer they will bring kids to our home instead of me coming to them. I know there are some negatives like I won't be home everyday but I will be making more $$ & still be home with my own kids this summer & get one day off a week during the school year. I am super-excited.

Now the BAD part. . . .I LOVE my current family & they treat me pretty well (always honest, pay on time, pick up on time, etc). The reason I looked in the first place was b/c I needed to bring in more $$$ & their schedule is sporadic in that they don't need me for big chunks of time (3 week break over Christmas- - very hard on the checkbook since I don't charge when they don't come). So what is the best way to give notice? I am afraid they will be mad at me but I am not terming them b/c of anything they did wrong, only that I needed to pursue opportunities that could give me more $$$. Any advice anyone can give is appreciated. Thank you so much ladies!
Tags:closing letter, notice, notification letter
Up