Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Brainer Bedbugs
Unregistered 05:52 PM 06-24-2012
ok, so I have 2 part time kids, Im making 100 a week...really need some kids. I have a friend that wants me to take her dd for a few hours a couple days a week to get ready for kindy. But, they have bedbugs at home. would you take her?
Michael 06:05 PM 06-24-2012
Bed bugs can live on clothing from infested homes and may be spread by a person unknowingly wearing infested clothing.

Has the family taken care of the problem?
pootmcgoot 06:11 PM 06-24-2012
No! If you catch an infestation it'll uproot your lives. Sorry to sound dramatic but we had to cut out our inlaws who refused to treat their infestation. I'd not take the child. Bed bugs are so hard to kill. You'd nearly have to quarantine and sanitize her and her stuff daily.
Unregistered 06:22 PM 06-24-2012
I figured I wouldnt, but was hoping for a miracle! She's had them for a while and I guess has tried to get rid of them, but they dont have much money.
Blackcat31 06:23 PM 06-24-2012
nope. no way. It is bad enough when you get something like that inadvertantly but I surely wouldn't do it knowing before hand.

I would refer them to the public health department. They might be able to help them with getting rid of them.
pootmcgoot 06:31 PM 06-24-2012
Yep. The inlaws would spray but the bugs wouldn't die. They needed an 8k heating extermination. The bugs only but my mil, the rest weren't affected thus not an investment they would make. Exposing my daughter and home knowingly was a hill to die on for me!
saved4always 06:55 PM 06-24-2012
I would absolutely not, no matter what, take on a family who I know has bedbugs. Just thinking about it is making me feel like I have bugs on me.
EchoMom 07:37 PM 06-24-2012
Absolutely without a doubt no way at all, never ever uh uh!!!! We THOUGHT we had bedbugs after a cabin church retreat and I paid $200 just to have a hound come and sniff my house for bedbugs, turns out we DIDN'T and I was so relieved. My husband words with developmentally delayed adults in their homes and work and when some of them get a bed bug infestation it costs thousands to eradicate it and my husband takes full changes of clothes or I leave him clothes on the front step to change on the porch before coming in our house, then his clothes go in a sealed bag and straight to the dryer to be heated.

It is NOT worth it if, and likely WHEN you get bed bugs from this family.
wahmof3 07:37 AM 06-25-2012
Nope, no way!!

We had an exterminator come in to treat ants and he made the comment that he would be more concerned about bedbugs than any other bugs with running a home daycare.
MizzCheryl 10:46 AM 06-25-2012
I had a family I thought might have bed bugs. Turned out to be scabies. YUCK!!!!!!!
I keep all my linens seperate and do not let ant DCKs near my bedrooms. Thank GOD we have cots and seperate linens. Now one else got scabies from them but I was itching nonstop for weeks. I do not let my kids share anything and I keep all the nap sheets in seperate cloth grocery sacks that can le laundered as well. I check them for lice or anything else anytime I see them scratching.
Tags:bedbugs
Reply Up