Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Two Weeks Notice
busymommy0420 04:19 PM 01-31-2012
My one family gave me two weeks notice today. The Mom found someone at half my rate! I have had this little girl since I opened and will miss her. DCM said she would give me a great reference and thanked me for all I did. I asked at pick up if it was just an issue of money and she said yes plus DCG doesn't like naptime here. DCG is almost 5 and comes just 10-2 M-F so unlike the rest who are here all day and ready for a nap she is not tired. I have her play quietly on a mat with tons of books, puzzles and toys. DCM also said the outings are too much, again she comes at 10 and that is our departure time for field trips to museums, library, toddler gym and many more. I have gotten on the Mom's case to drop her off on time. I feel a little hurt! I re-posted my ad on Craigs List and saw that DCM posted an ad looking for care a week ago. I wish she would have told me, considering we had a discussion not too long ago about her renewing her contract...which she did. I guess you can't please everyone. All the friends will miss this child and so will I, she wad my first DCK.
Mary Poppins 05:55 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
My one family gave me two weeks notice today. The Mom found someone at half my rate! I have had this little girl since I opened and will miss her. DCM said she would give me a great reference and thanked me for all I did. I asked at pick up if it was just an issue of money and she said yes plus DCG doesn't like naptime here. DCG is almost 5 and comes just 10-2 M-F so unlike the rest who are here all day and ready for a nap she is not tired. I have her play quietly on a mat with tons of books, puzzles and toys. DCM also said the outings are too much, again she comes at 10 and that is our departure time for field trips to museums, library, toddler gym and many more. I have gotten on the Mom's case to drop her off on time. I feel a little hurt! I re-posted my ad on Craigs List and saw that DCM posted an ad looking for care a week ago. I wish she would have told me, considering we had a discussion not too long ago about her renewing her contract...which she did. I guess you can't please everyone. All the friends will miss this child and so will I, she wad my first DCK.

That sucks. I know the feeling as I am competing with so many SAHM's willing to do what I'm doing for pennies on the dollar - it's crazy! The only consolation I have is Googling their phone #'s and seeing that their homes are also pennies on the dollar compared to mine (not that it means much but it's all I have lol).

Meh. Hopefully the economy will pick up and they will go back into the workforce and then call us to watch THEIR kids.
countrymom 06:37 PM 01-31-2012
but remember, you get what you pay for. So for half the price she is going to get a bon bon eating provider, who could care less when she realizes that by watching this child is acually costing her more. The mom will want special and its not going to work out and she'll be calling you. My kids all love tips.
cheerfuldom 06:40 PM 01-31-2012
sounds like you have a more quality program. DCM probably found some random SAHM who most likely is not as reliable and invested in you (thus cheaper). I cant believe she complained about field trips!
wdmmom 07:48 AM 02-01-2012
Parents want whats cheap or FREE. If they can find someone that charges half as much as you, they're taking the first bus out of Dodge.

What they don't realize is that they are going to get a TV watching, spaghetti-o eating, non craft making daycare provider that is going to tote their kid around in their car to the grocery store and doctors appointments regardless of whether you know about it.
SunshineMama 08:16 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:

That sucks. I know the feeling as I am competing with so many SAHM's willing to do what I'm doing for pennies on the dollar - it's crazy! The only consolation I have is Googling their phone #'s and seeing that their homes are also pennies on the dollar compared to mine (not that it means much but it's all I have lol).

Meh. Hopefully the economy will pick up and they will go back into the workforce and then call us to watch THEIR kids.
I'm with you on that one! I am really lucky that I have a very nice, large home, which is why parents are willing to stay and pay a little more. There are tons of cheaper providers out there, it almost seems like you have to have it all to make a decent wage.
Tags:two week notice
Reply Up