Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Injuries That Need Medical Attention
BumbleBee 12:40 PM 07-13-2012
Just out of curiosity, in all of your years doing child care, how many injuries have your dck had that needed medical attention?
renodeb 12:46 PM 07-13-2012
Just two in my 6 yrs. One was a child that face planted at the park. Bruisedup her whole face but did not brake her nose. The other was (same kid but months apart) smack her head on the corner of my coffee table left a huge goose head but no concusion.
Debbie
BumbleBee 12:52 PM 07-13-2012
4 year old girl: My first day working at a new center dcg was running up the stairs on the play set. She tripped over her feet and fell face first into the platform. Split her chin open (4 stitches), bit 3/4 way through her bottom lip (26 stitches on the inside, 24 on the outside) and knocked out 4 teeth.

2 year old boy: Tripped over a chair leg and hit his forehead on the table edge. Glued the cut shut in the dr office.

8 year old girl: Missed a step going down the stairs, fell, broke her wrist.

3 year old boy: Sitting on his knees rocking back and forth. Had his hands in his pockets and leaned to far forward causing him to fall and hit his chin on the floor. Split his chin open, 3 stitches.

There were 110 kids total at the center. 6 weeks - 12 years. I worked there for 3 years.
Neekie 01:09 PM 07-13-2012
I have been in business for over thirty years and I have had one child that had to get medical treatment from an injury received while in my care. I had a three year boy who got in a disagreement with a three year old girl. The little girl got upset and all of a sudden she pointed her finger at him while yelling at him and poked him right in the eye. He had a scratched cornea. I was in the room sitting not too far away from them when this happened, but just couldn't get to them fast enough to intervene.
Tags:injury
Reply Up