Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can You Recommend A Netbook For Using MMK?
MG&Lsmom 10:37 AM 02-17-2011
My food program uses the online version of Minute Menu for submitting claims and I can't use it on my MAC. I think I'm going to off set some income by purchasing a netbook for record keeping and food program claims. Anyone have one they love or at least don't hate? I'm looking to spend less than $400. TY!
DCMomOf3 10:47 AM 02-17-2011
I have an acer aspire one. you have to buy an external CD drive if you want to have that as an option but you can get them at Walmart for $250. It's a little slow but does what i need.
momofsix 10:48 AM 02-17-2011
I have a Gateway netbook that has 1 GB memory. I have all my pictures and documents stored on it and still have a ton of memory. My oldest daughter did the research and picked out which one was best for my needs. (basically internet, documents, pictures and i-tunes) My DH and children bought it for me for my bday when my laptop broke, so I'm not sure how much it was-but I'm sure it was under $400! The only downside i've found to a netbook is you can't watch dvd's, but if that's not important then I think they're great. It took me a little bit to get used to typing on the smaller keyboard and the smaller screen size, but now if I have to use a laptop for some reason they seem so obnoxiously huge and I don't like them! And a netbook fits in a purse!
I love my netbook!
MG&Lsmom 12:12 PM 02-17-2011
Thanks. I was looking at the Gateway myself. I had a laptop from them way back in my corporate days and loved it.

I don't need to watch DVDs on it. I probably won't use it for more than web surfing, email, facebook and tweaking documents that already exist and MMK. I have an obnoxiously large iMAC, so I do the majority of my work there.
Tags:computer, laptop, minute menu kids
Reply Up