Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Minute Menu & W-10's
My Daycare 12:25 PM 01-06-2012
I'm wondering if anyone his having the same problem?

The amounts on my W-10's are all lower than the totals paid that year for 3
of 4 parents.

The totals are the same under "Paid Invoices" & "Payment History" when sorted by Name for 2011. Just different on the W10.

I hope that makes sense because I am confused.
Cat Herder 12:29 PM 01-06-2012
I just checked and mine are exactly the same.

Maybe extra fees are not included?
My Daycare 03:07 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I just checked and mine are exactly the same.

Maybe extra fees are not included?
Maybe???

I have edited invoices before after payment has been made, in order to make the invoice match the payment???

I still think it should be the same number as in "payment history". I guess I could just fill out a blank one, but I am going to play with it a bit more.
snbauser 04:07 PM 01-06-2012
2 things I can think of -
1 - did you maybe record a payment under one parents name and another under the other parent? If you do that you will have multiple W-10's print for the same child since it prints by parents name. BTDT and had to go back in and change the "payment received by" to all one parent
2 - double check your actual payment dates. Remember that it counts in the year the payment is actually received and not the dates the payment is applied towards. For example my parents all pay on Friday for the upcoming week. This year, Friday was in 2011 and Monday was in 2012. So the payments count on their W10's for 2011. If this happened either in the beginning of 2011 or the end of 2011 it could throw off your numbers when comparing the 2 reports.
My Daycare 05:03 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by snbauser:
2 things I can think of -
1 - did you maybe record a payment under one parents name and another under the other parent? If you do that you will have multiple W-10's print for the same child since it prints by parents name. BTDT and had to go back in and change the "payment received by" to all one parent
2 - double check your actual payment dates. Remember that it counts in the year the payment is actually received and not the dates the payment is applied towards. For example my parents all pay on Friday for the upcoming week. This year, Friday was in 2011 and Monday was in 2012. So the payments count on their W10's for 2011. If this happened either in the beginning of 2011 or the end of 2011 it could throw off your numbers when comparing the 2 reports.
1- Yes, I have done that before. I noticed a few months ago and changed it. Now it looks like I have done it again, 3 more times. Thanks! That was the problem.
snbauser 06:43 PM 01-06-2012
Glad I could help.
Tags:minute menu, w-10
Reply Up