Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing My Doors...
MARSTELAC 05:58 AM 01-25-2012
....I did it. I am closing up shop. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I am not regretting it for one moment. I really need to thank you all and BLACKCAT for all of you advice, good, bad and ugly. I've listened to it all and used a lot of it. You are all to be commended for your hard work and doing the job you do day in and day out.

A few more weeks and I will reclaim my home and my family and the long days/nights will be no more.

Thank you for the time you have given me here. And, a big thank-you to MICHAEL for having this forum. So appreciate you all.
Mrs. M.
MyAngels 06:04 AM 01-25-2012
Good for you for doing what's best for you and your family. You know it's the right decision when there are no regrets.

Wishing you well in whatever you decide to do next!
Heidi 06:14 AM 01-25-2012
Best Wishes to you and your family!
momma2girls 06:46 AM 01-25-2012
Good luck to you!! Keep in touch with us!!
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
....I did it. I am closing up shop. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I am not regretting it for one moment. I really need to thank you all and BLACKCAT for all of you advice, good, bad and ugly. I've listened to it all and used a lot of it. You are all to be commended for your hard work and doing the job you do day in and day out.

A few more weeks and I will reclaim my home and my family and the long days/nights will be no more.

Thank you for the time you have given me here. And, a big thank-you to MICHAEL for having this forum. So appreciate you all.
Mrs. M.
Thank you!

I am sorry you are closing your doors, because
1) I enjoyed sharing and chatting with you as a co-worker and friend and
2) because the children you have cared for will be losing a very warm, loving, caring and supportive person in their lives

However..... I am glad you are closing your doors because I think you will find great success outside of daycare and I think you were unfortunate enough to have gotten those couple of parents that really make this job suck and you should NEVER have to deal with that type of stuff again!

I also think that this has been in the back of your mind probably longer than you realized and although we can't really read/hear tone in written speech....I can hear the relief and the weight lifted from your shoulders all the way up here!!

Make sure you keep in touch!! ...I love to hear about things in the outside world!! (you know how to reach me so don't be a stranger!)
pfund2233 07:29 AM 01-25-2012
So happy to hear your doing what is best for YOU and YOUR FAMILY!! I was told by my kids who are 6 and 9 years old that I spend to much time with daycare and I don't love them... well that was only one of the things that made me realize I needed to let one of my dcf go... as it will allow me to have every Friday afternoon off. The family will get their letter on Friday. It's kind of bitter sweet for me. I love the little boy but MY family is always #1!

Again I'm so happy for you and GOOD LUCK!!!!
Unregistered 08:05 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thank you!

I am sorry you are closing your doors, because
1) I enjoyed sharing and chatting with you as a co-worker and friend and
2) because the children you have cared for will be losing a very warm, loving, caring and supportive person in their lives

However..... I am glad you are closing your doors because I think you will find great success outside of daycare and I think you were unfortunate enough to have gotten those couple of parents that really make this job suck and you should NEVER have to deal with that type of stuff again!

I also think that this has been in the back of your mind probably longer than you realized and although we can't really read/hear tone in written speech....I can hear the relief and the weight lifted from your shoulders all the way up here!!

Make sure you keep in touch!! ...I love to hear about things in the outside world!! (you know how to reach me so don't be a stranger!)
I'm not logged in right now....using another computer and don't know my password!
You have me in tears. I will surely miss you all. You are right. It's been a long time coming! Gotta know when to fold 'em! I will be sure to call when I'm in your area and get that coffee together! Kids were just saying we can take more road trips now!!!
Love to you all!
~me~
AfterSchoolMom 08:30 AM 01-25-2012
Good luck in whatever you do after this! Please come back and let us know how you're doing.
littlemissmuffet 08:46 AM 01-25-2012
Good luck to you and your family!!
arbindsahoo 01:11 AM 01-30-2013
You can try other job as you have good experience.
Kaddidle Care 03:58 AM 01-30-2013
Best wishes honey! I think we all get to the point when enough is enough.

It's just too bad that we can't completely treat the kids like our own. When you don't have the backing of the Parents it makes the job downright intolerable.

When one door closes, another one opens.
Meeko 05:43 AM 01-30-2013
Good luck! But please check back in when you get a chance.
cheerfuldom 06:40 AM 01-30-2013
good luck to you. i am slowing closing down as well and i know what a relief it is to see the end in site.
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 01-30-2013
Marstelac closed LAST January ladies......older post.
lolaland 09:59 AM 01-30-2013
LOLO!! My first laugh today Thank you
Meeko 10:52 AM 01-30-2013
Well I feel sheepish!!!
Kaddidle Care 12:14 PM 01-30-2013
D'OH!
Tags:closing daycare
Reply Up