Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG It Happened...What A Day Of NO
SilverSabre25 02:23 PM 02-22-2012
DCFamily 1 sent dcb in underwear today---NO, not until he's poop-trained and asking ME to go potty!!! Back in Pull-Up as soon as Mom left and gave her a message to call me this evening...

DCFamily 2 asked me to limit the 6 month old's sleep to two hours a day--NO. Just...no. Your THREE YEAR OLD sleeps more than that per day, guys! I dodged the question and explained about well-rested babies sleeping MORE and tired babies sleeping LESS and pointed out that he's probably working on new skills, neatly turning the conversation to "look how great he's doing at sitting and moving around!"
Heidi 03:50 PM 02-22-2012
Must have had your calcium this morning...your backbone is strong!
SilverSabre25 04:11 PM 02-22-2012
lol funny! I am actually really proud of myself...it's so effing HARD to say no to the people who pay you!
AnneCordelia 04:13 PM 02-22-2012
It's sooooo hard!!!

Good for you! Let us know how the convo goes with DCF1 about the pull ups.
SilverSabre25 04:22 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
It's sooooo hard!!!

Good for you! Let us know how the convo goes with DCF1 about the pull ups.
It went really great, actually!

She called as soon as she got off work and we chatted nicely for a couple of minutes (she works at a daycare center actually) and then I just explained that until dcb is pooping consistently in the potty, he NEEDS to be in pull-ups, and why (ew, mess, crawling baby, etc), and she was fine with that, and I offered a couple ways I'm going to work with him on that and she was totally cool with it.

I'm proud. I wasn't scared to say no...and it worked.
grandmom 03:12 PM 02-23-2012
Wait, she works in a daycare center? Are you kidding? She should know better.
Preschool/daycare teacher 03:47 PM 02-23-2012
Just curious, why does she have her son in your daycare if she works at a center? Personally, if I worked at a daycare center, I would probably want my child in a home daycare also instead of in a large group with a lot of other toddlers and 1-2 teachers to take care of all of them, but just curious what her reasons are, if you know...?
SilverSabre25 04:29 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by grandmom:
Wait, she works in a daycare center? Are you kidding? She should know better.
Yeah...that's what I thought too!! She works in the "potty training" room too!

Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
Just curious, why does she have her son in your daycare if she works at a center? Personally, if I worked at a daycare center, I would probably want my child in a home daycare also instead of in a large group with a lot of other toddlers and 1-2 teachers to take care of all of them, but just curious what her reasons are, if you know...?
When her son started with me, she worked somewhere else...food service, I think. The daycare center is a new job within the past couple of months. She told me at the beginning of it though that she preferred to leave him with me because he is settled here, knows everyone, has friends, she and he both LOVE me.
Tags:poop, potty not, potty trained - not
Reply Up