Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Much 4th of July?
Sunchimes 06:24 AM 07-05-2012
This is a first for me. All 3 of my kids came in this morning and went right to bed--and they are still sleeping at 8:20. This has never-ever-happened here. They show up and are immediately caught up in the day. Even my 20 minute-nap-if-I'm-lucky baby is asleep.

One doesn't surprise me, she got here at 5:30, but she didn't even wake up when the other kids arrived.

Won't have a regular nap time this morning, but I have to admit it's nice to have a slow start to the day.
Zoe 06:35 AM 07-05-2012
Makes sense to me. We were going to go see the fireworks in our town but it was 90 degrees outside so we voted against it. Good thing too because the sun didn't completely set until 9:30 and we didn't hear any fireworks until 10! So any kid that actually saw them must be exhausted today!!!
Lilbutterflie 08:27 AM 07-05-2012
Yup, I only have two dc kids today, and both came way late! My own kids slept until 9-9:30 (unheard of). My 4 yo dcb is way out of whack, too. He is having a really tough morning. Too much excitement catches up on them the next day!!
Oneluckymom 09:07 AM 07-05-2012
Everyone here came in late too. They all seem tired too but hopefully they all have good naps today.
jojosmommy 09:14 AM 07-05-2012
And this is why I am closed.

My own LO didnt get up until 9. We didn't get home and in bed until 11 pm.

I am tired. I can only imagine what a child feels like.
Breezy 09:23 AM 07-05-2012
Both DCKs and my DS are napping. Well DS Isn't yet but he better fall asleep soon its only 9:30 here. Don't mind the silence a bit. I'm going to sit and watch the today show since I did all my cleaning during breakfast.
Crazy8 09:43 AM 07-05-2012
OMG, today has been the day from H*!! here, cranky kids all around. All parents had to work so had to force kids up and out early. I have decided I HATE middle of the week holidays!!
daycare 09:45 AM 07-05-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
OMG, today has been the day from H*!! here, cranky kids all around. All parents had to work so had to force kids up and out early. I have decided I HATE middle of the week holidays!!
ditto.....lol I why cant they all fall on the weekend?? lol

I was smart and was in bed early last night...went to the gym, fire works on tv and then bed..................lol
sharlan 01:18 PM 07-05-2012
#1 arrived at 7:30 instead of 7, down for a nap.

#2 arrived at 8:30 instead of 7. She's already gone home and on her way to the dr's.

#3 arrived at 12:30 instead of 8, down for a nap already.

I so want to go to sleep.

It's in my contract that I take this week off, wish I had. I took a vacation in June and counted it even though I didn't close. My dh and granddaughter took over for that week.
MNMum 04:56 PM 07-05-2012
Then only dck I had was puking by noon and had a fever...too much lake and sun yesterday? I spent a few hours this afternoon disinfecting and cleaning the carpet, yuck! I should have closed
Tags:4th of july, wired kids
Reply Up