Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well...This Job Is Just Too Great To Pass Up!
jen 08:49 AM 07-18-2011
Home > Childcare > Rogers Child Care Jobs > Looking For A Responsible And Hardworking Nanny!

Apply for jobs now!•Create a profile—FREE!
•Access thousands of jobs
•Start earning money

Already a member? Log inLooking For A Responsible And Hardworking Nanny! .Rogers, MN 55374
Monday, 7/25/2011 through
Wednesday, 8/1/2012

This is not a job that involves watching TV, texting, or playing on computers. We are looking for someone who can handle 5 kids, manage a house and be self motivated to do additional cleaning and organizing. The 3 older kids will be in school the majority of the time, so the care will be for a 3-year-old and 2-year-old (picture is old). We also have 2 dogs that require minimal care. The hours will be approximately 30 hours/wk but the days will be 10-12+ hrs. Days have not been set due to not knowing what days the kids activities will be.

There could be one overnight per month that would be 3 days. There will be no transportation, but you might need to walk to a bus stop. Pay starts at $8 per hour and will increase based on performance. Prove to us that you deserve a higher salary and it is yours. The sky is the limit! We just want someone who will keep our kids safe, follow our rules and basically take over the role of a parent. Looking for someone to start immediately. Schedule will be flexible until September. Once school and activities are scheduled the days and times will be set, but we can be somewhat flexible also. If you think you have what it takes to be our professional nanny/household manager, please tell us about you! We look forward to hearing from the best of the best!
SandeeAR 09:10 AM 07-18-2011
So, if they didn't want to be parents, ummmm why didn't they figure out how those 5 kids happened and stop a long time ago?????
Meeko 09:13 AM 07-18-2011
That is just plain sad.
nannyde 09:17 AM 07-18-2011

So if the kids don't go back to school then from now until school you have all of them for twelve hour days. Once school goes back in session you have all of them except the hours they are in school.

That's a TON of work PLUS the "household manager".

That's a really low wage for that level of work. They couldn't find just a babysitter for that money.

Sounds like their summer "worker" already surrendered. I'd be asking what happened to her.
cheerfuldom 09:17 AM 07-18-2011
$8 an hour?! thats crazy. I have a daycare assistant that I pay $8 an hour to play with the kids, very minimal clean up duties. They are wanting way too much for only a tad above minimum wage
Country Kids 09:18 AM 07-18-2011
It is a very sad post They have 5 children and they want you to parent them! Even though they probably have everything in the world I almost see this as neglect. They literally don't want to make the time to be the parents. It makes you wonder what they do for a living. Also, I know they say that its not a set price but seriously- $8 an hour for 5 children.
cheerfuldom 09:18 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

So if the kids don't go back to school then from now until school you have all of them for twelve hour days. Once school goes back in session you have all of them except the hours they are in school.

That's a TON of work PLUS the "household manager".

That's a really low wage for that level of work. They couldn't find just a babysitter for that money.

Sounds like their summer "worker" already surrendered. I'd be asking what happened to her.
They fired her for watching TV and texting. Probably got a high school girl for the summer.
jen 09:24 AM 07-18-2011
Only the "best of the best" for their little darlings! That cracked me up...they want to pay $8 for the best? Good grief!
Country Kids 09:24 AM 07-18-2011
Also, even though it is minimal care you have to care for the two dogs also! Wonder what minimal care means?
MG&Lsmom 09:26 AM 07-18-2011
In my area, that type of nanny would make at least $600 a week! And they want 24/7 on-call availability. I've been noticing some crazy ads out there lately, but this one is just...WOW.
jen 09:26 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Also, even though it is minimal care you have to care for the two dogs also! Wonder what minimal care means?
Oh, just a little pooper-scooper duty I'm sure!
PeanutsGalore 09:27 AM 07-18-2011
What really makes me sad is that a parent can ask someone else to take over the role of parent and then suggest that it's only worth $8/hour. The lack of respect for the role of parent makes it clear why we're in such trouble as a nation.

Not to mention they don't just want a parent, they want a nanny, maid and household manager all rolled into one. Don't they realize there's a salary attached to each of these titles?
familyschoolcare 09:40 AM 07-18-2011
This is exactly the type of adds I am competing with. The only way I can compete is by getting parents interested in quality not cheap.
jen 09:48 AM 07-18-2011
I should reply to the ad with a link to this thread!
GG~DAYCARE 10:28 AM 07-18-2011
They wouldn't be able to afford me!!! $200 a day minimum!!!! Crazy a** parents!! Thats coming to my house too!!!
wdmmom 10:41 AM 07-18-2011
Mind you...these are rates for around my area:

Housekeeper: $15 an hour

Nanny: (for 5 children) at minimum $15 an hour

Dog sitter: $10 an hour

That's $40 an hour and she wants to pay $8.00?! Are you kidding me?! That's equivalent to $1.60 per hour per child....that doesn't even include the additiona responsibilities!

SAD!!!!

If you want to have 5 children, YOU pay to take care of them. If you want them safe, YOU pay!

For $8 an hour, that's about all you are going to get is a talking, texting, tv watching teenager!
Blackcat31 10:44 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Mind you...these are rates for around my area:

Housekeeper: $15 an hour

Nanny: (for 5 children) at minimum $15 an hour

Dog sitter: $10 an hour

That's $40 an hour and she wants to pay $8.00?! Are you kidding me?! That's equivalent to $1.60 per hour per child....that doesn't even include the additiona responsibilities!

SAD!!!!

If you want to have 5 children, YOU pay to take care of them. If you want them safe, YOU pay!

For $8 an hour, that's about all you are going to get is a talking, texting, tv watching teenager!
For $8 an hour to do all they want, I'd expect them to throw in the cell phone for me to text on too!! , and HBO and internet too!
cheerfuldom 10:47 AM 07-18-2011
for five kids I would charge $150 a day and thats at my house.
wdmmom 10:48 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
For $8 an hour to do all they want, I'd expect them to throw in the cell phone for me to text on too!! , and HBO and internet too!

And a swimming pool so I can work on my tan!
Blackcat31 10:54 AM 07-18-2011

And a swimming pool so I can work on my tan!
and I am not buying my own sunscreen either! It better be included because that stuff is expensively!! Get a big bottle too because I might have some girlfriends drop by.....
jen 11:04 AM 07-18-2011
Well they did say that the "sky's the limit!"
jen 11:07 AM 07-18-2011
You know what...my 17 yo son works at Abercrombie Kids...he makes $8/hour for folding clothes and greeting people when they walk in the door. Plus he gets a 30% discount on clothes.

Oh, and no doggie duties!
wdmmom 11:13 AM 07-18-2011
and I am not buying my own sunscreen either! It better be included because that stuff is expensively!! Get a big bottle too because I might have some girlfriends drop by.....
OH and don't forget...where there is internet, there is a computer. Make sure it's a laptop so my girlies and I can soak up the sun by the pool and Facebook our boy toys so they can come over too!

Oh, and if there's a pool, we might want a hot tub too for those cooler days.
Blackcat31 11:48 AM 07-18-2011
OH and don't forget...where there is internet, there is a computer. Make sure it's a laptop so my girlies and I can soak up the sun by the pool and Facebook our boy toys so they can come over too!

Oh, and if there's a pool, we might want a hot tub too for those cooler days.
I also want those little umbrellas in my drinks so the kids better be quick learners and keep 'em coming!!
wdmmom 12:06 PM 07-18-2011
I also want those little umbrellas in my drinks so the kids better be quick learners and keep 'em coming!!
And, I might have forgot but I totally drink underage. Like it's the coolest! I'd have no problem with you like leaving a bottle of vodka or something just lying around, ya know.
Kaddidle Care 04:15 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I should reply to the ad with a link to this thread!
Yes, you should! $8.00 per hour PER CHILD might be more like it.
Tags:parents - don't want kids, parents - irresponsible
Reply Up