Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paperwork
ilgirltrist11 08:36 AM 11-30-2014
Hello everyone! I am new here and will post my introduction in a few minutes but I am very confused about something. I had sent in the first set of paperwork minus the medical papers and fingerprinting. It was reviewed and stamped on October 30th. I was then told that I had to redo my hazard protection plan and send it in. I received that message around the 10th. In the meantime, all of my paperwork was returned to me. What does that mean? Do they want me to send everything in together now that I have an updated plan completed or are they basically telling me that I didn't qualify? Because of the holiday, I haven't been able to reply to her. Any help is appreciated!
Thriftylady 01:32 PM 11-30-2014
Good question. But hard to answer because all this varies by state and sometimes county. What state are you in? Maybe others in your area have better answers. I would redo it and send it all back in, follow up with the phone call.
sahm1225 04:03 PM 11-30-2014
Are you in illinois?

Did the letter have a contact name? I would start there (call and email). What did the letter say?

Get your package in order and resubmit, but from my experience when I got licensed 5 years ago, they needed a complete file (fingerprinting and medical form) completed before they would even touch it.
LysesKids 05:44 PM 11-30-2014
In my experience, if they require the fingerprint & medical, then you need it all done and sent in together ( this is true for most states)... when I first started, parts of WV sent out fingerprint techs, but that was 14 years ago.
ilgirltrist11 06:09 AM 12-01-2014
Thanks! Yes, I am in Illinois. My checklist said that medical and fingerprinting will be sent after the first 7 things were turned in. I was never given the fingerprint forms to even get printed. I am getting my physical done in about a week. Thanks for helping me!
ilgirltrist11 06:10 AM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Are you in illinois?

Did the letter have a contact name? I would start there (call and email). What did the letter say?

Get your package in order and resubmit, but from my experience when I got licensed 5 years ago, they needed a complete file (fingerprinting and medical form) completed before they would even touch it.
There was no letter. Just my paperwork that had the word received by the office stamped all over it.
LysesKids 07:08 AM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by ilgirltrist11:
Thanks! Yes, I am in Illinois. My checklist said that medical and fingerprinting will be sent after the first 7 things were turned in. I was never given the fingerprint forms to even get printed. I am getting my physical done in about a week. Thanks for helping me!
I did the fingerprint thing on my own ( I found the paperwork online and went to one of the scan centers) - I was license exempt and went thru CANTS process and I took subsidy. Of course were I was living ran their own background checks too, so the state knew I was ok lol
ilgirltrist11 08:50 PM 01-14-2015
paperwork was received and OK'd. Now I am starting the fingerprinting and physical exam part of the paperwork. I have been told that it will be a bit of a wait once they have been received. Once that is done, I will set up a time to meet with the licensor and with the fire marshall. Hopefully, I will be up and running by the time the next school year begins! Thanks for your help everybody!
Tags:background check, fingerprinting, illinois - requirements
Reply Up