Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weekend Favor
Luke25 11:06 AM 11-04-2017
Hi all!
So this is just a rant and I’m going to tell her how much she owes but.... One of my previous clients who moved her little boy to a place closer to work asked me a month or so ago if I we keep her child over the weekend this weekend. I don’t work at all over the weekend so I was hesitant, but they were in a pinch and she went on and on about how I was the only person they could trust besides their parents for overnight. And I also thought it would be nice to have the extra money right before Christmas.
So fast forward to yesterday .. she called me and said My mom is going to drop him off in the morning and I’ll have money for you in his bag. So I assumed that meant a check for the weekend. So the mom dropped him off this morning with $20 for food and fun??!! Does this mom really think I’m keeping her kid who I don’t even keep regularly for a whole weekend for free!!!?? I just can’t even believe it! I know I should have talked money first thing, but..these were great clients who always paid on time and were respectful. I just knew she’d come with a check for at least $100 or maybe ask me how much. I feel like If she was going to pay later she would have at least mentioned that she’s send me a check when they get back. I can’t believe she would really ask me to do this as a favor???
HappyEverAfter 11:29 AM 11-04-2017
Ugh, sounds to me like she thinks you're doing this as a favor to her. 🙁
Josiegirl 11:34 AM 11-04-2017
Oh wow. Yep, I agree with PP. Sounds like she's regarding it as a favor, especially since it's a weekend and not during regular business hours. She probably figures she's being generous with the 20 bucks for fun and food. Maybe we're all wrong. Sure hope so.
Chalk it up to a learning experience and never do it again without discussing money first. Unless you really do want to offer it as a favor. You probably missed him that much huh? As much as I miss some of the kiddos when they leave, it's not as if I look forward to giving up an entire weekend of precious time to have them again.
Luke25 11:46 AM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Oh wow. Yep, I agree with PP. Sounds like she's regarding it as a favor, especially since it's a weekend and not during regular business hours. She probably figures she's being generous with the 20 bucks for fun and food. Maybe we're all wrong. Sure hope so.
Chalk it up to a learning experience and never do it again without discussing money first. Unless you really do want to offer it as a favor. You probably missed him that much huh? As much as I miss some of the kiddos when they leave, it's not as if I look forward to giving up an entire weekend of precious time to have them again.
Lol! Yeah totally missed him so much that I wanted to have him all weekend...
I even arranged for my older child to spend the night at my mother in laws so he would have a place to sleep. Honestly when his grandmother picks up tomorrow I’m going to say “ Oh! Just tell mom it’s $80 for the weekend and she can mail me a check . I kinda refuse to do this for free.
Can you imagine doing this to any other service provider... I know I don’t use you anymore but we are in a pinch... will you work on your day off for free??
Leigh 04:31 PM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by Luke25:
Hi all!
So this is just a rant and I’m going to tell her how much she owes but.... One of my previous clients who moved her little boy to a place closer to work asked me a month or so ago if I we keep her child over the weekend this weekend. I don’t work at all over the weekend so I was hesitant, but they were in a pinch and she went on and on about how I was the only person they could trust besides their parents for overnight. And I also thought it would be nice to have the extra money right before Christmas.
So fast forward to yesterday .. she called me and said My mom is going to drop him off in the morning and I’ll have money for you in his bag. So I assumed that meant a check for the weekend. So the mom dropped him off this morning with $20 for food and fun??!! Does this mom really think I’m keeping her kid who I don’t even keep regularly for a whole weekend for free!!!?? I just can’t even believe it! I know I should have talked money first thing, but..these were great clients who always paid on time and were respectful. I just knew she’d come with a check for at least $100 or maybe ask me how much. I feel like If she was going to pay later she would have at least mentioned that she’s send me a check when they get back. I can’t believe she would really ask me to do this as a favor???
Originally Posted by Luke25:
Lol! Yeah totally missed him so much that I wanted to have him all weekend...
I even arranged for my older child to spend the night at my mother in laws so he would have a place to sleep. Honestly when his grandmother picks up tomorrow I’m going to say “ Oh! Just tell mom it’s $80 for the weekend and she can mail me a check . I kinda refuse to do this for free.
Can you imagine doing this to any other service provider... I know I don’t use you anymore but we are in a pinch... will you work on your day off for free??
You're the only one she trusts? Why didn't she ask the child's CURRENT provider?!

$80 for the weekend is CRAZY. I charge $100 per 12 hour segment, and hardly feel that is worth it!
Luke25 05:46 PM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
You're the only one she trusts? Why didn't she ask the child's CURRENT provider?!

$80 for the weekend is CRAZY. I charge $100 per 12 hour segment, and hardly feel that is worth it!
I was thinking $100 but she had already given me $20 but that probably is pretty cheap. Maybe I should charge more! lol!
His current provider is a center
rosieteddy 06:47 AM 11-05-2017
I would text her saying please bring 100.00 in cash at pick-up.Explain that you would usually charge more but as a favor 120.00 is the rate discounted .That way you do not have to say it.-,and she won't take the 20.00 off the top.Good luck .
Luke25 11:00 AM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I would text her saying please bring 100.00 in cash at pick-up.Explain that you would usually charge more but as a favor 120.00 is the rate discounted .That way you do not have to say it.-,and she won't take the 20.00 off the top.Good luck .
Good idea! I will do that!
Josiegirl 01:58 PM 11-05-2017
How did it work out? Did you have to hold her kid for ransom?
midaycare 02:04 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
How did it work out? Did you have to hold her kid for ransom?
Yes....inquiring minds!
Buttercup 08:11 PM 11-05-2017
I just read all the posts, and I too am curious Hope you got your money!!
lovemykidstoo 04:48 PM 11-07-2017
Same! What happened?
Tags:parents - don't want kids
Reply Up