Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Word This?
Unregistered 02:18 PM 02-10-2016
I am needing to let go of a part-time family so that I can make room for a full-time family. I am trying to only take full-time as part-time doesn't provide the income I need, beside it being difficult to find families to fill the other part-time space. Has anyone had this challenge? And if so, how did you handle it/word it? Thanks for any guidance!
Thriftylady 02:21 PM 02-10-2016
My first question is do you like the family? Would you keep them if they went full time? If so I would tell them you are making the change and offer them a full time slot. If you don't want to keep them, I would just tell them you are changing your business model to full time only.
thrivingchildcarecom 04:27 PM 02-10-2016
I would agree with Thriftylady. I actually offer full and part-time, but there is only a marginal difference in the tuition rate. That way the parents think they are getting a little bit of a price break but I still bring in enough income from the spot to make it worth it.

A larger daycare near me has one set price. So whether or not the family uses it for part-time or full-time care, the price is the same. Maybe you should think about doing that. At least for the time being.
Reply Up