Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Sure If This Was Right
SilverSabre25 04:12 PM 08-31-2011
Today is pay day for one of my dcfamilies. They have a 1.5 week old baby; dcg was supposed to still be coming during mom's maternity leave (she's here 3 days a week normally). DCG wasn't here today; DCG wasn't here last week. No forwarning, just calling me after she's supposed to be here Weds and saying, "Um, so not this week after all..."

Well, they used up all their vacation time in June, so they still owe me. Our agreement was that dcg would still be coming during this time, so they owe me my pay. Sometimes they pay online and there's no email yet and it's 7 PM. Around 6 I emailed dcm and said

Hey, dcm , I just noticed that today is the last day of the month and realized that I didn't discuss payment with you on the phone this morning.

You and dcd used all of your vacation days back in June, so I do still need to be paid during this time that dcg isn't attending. If you could get that to me as soon as possible I would really appreciate it. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call or email.

Hope you're enjoying that squashy sweet baby! I bet dcg loves her baby brother.

Now I'm feeling that I shouldn't have sent that email. But I'm pretty sure that's just anxiety/nerves/lack of backbone/trouble standing up for myself talking.

What do you guys think...was that email ok? Should I have sent it or not? Am I in the wrong for expecting payment under these conditions?
ritah 04:40 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
What do you guys think...was that email ok? Should I have sent it or not? Am I in the wrong for expecting payment under these conditions?
Yes, yes and no!
Stacy214 04:43 PM 08-31-2011
I think you did the right thing. Keep us posted.
mom2many 04:59 PM 08-31-2011
In the past, I have had several families continue bringing their older child, while mom is on maternity leave and if I was holding a spot for them and they were supposed to come, I would absolutely expect to get paid!

I don't usually send e-mails, but would have definitely called and conveyed this same info and let them know they need to pay regardless of whether they choose to come or not, since this was the agreement.
wdmmom 05:15 PM 08-31-2011
It was a friendly reminder. Nothing wrong with that.
mismatchedsocks 05:59 PM 08-31-2011
Sounds great to me. Maybe with new mommie brain she forgot!?
SilverSabre25 05:41 AM 09-01-2011
BIG sigh of relief...I got an email that dcm sent me the payment online this morning. I am SO happy and relieved, and so glad I sent that email!

Thank you everyone for reassuring me that it was a fine thing to do; I was able to sleep well and it all worked out this morning.
momofsix 05:47 AM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
It was a friendly reminder. Nothing wrong with that.
Exactly!
Glad it all worked out for you!
Tags:money owed, pay day, payment letter, vacation pay, vacation policy
Reply Up