Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Starting "school year"....need something special to do
Christina72684 11:23 AM 08-19-2014
So I've had the same group of 8 or so "preschoolers" all summer. I decided to wait until the day after Labor Day to start officially teaching preschool, especially since I have 2 preschool only kids coming from 8-12 every day. I am doing some big changes over the 3 day weekend so that it doesn't feel like the same old daycare and nothing's different. Like I'm painting walls, changing up the layout of furniture, removing some toys (so they'll stop playing all the time and do more learning....all they wanted to do this summer was play with action figures and cars), adding some centers especially sensory bins, and maybe some other stuff.

But I want the "1st day of preschool" to feel special. I think I'm going to take their picture and maybe do a little interview and then do it again at the end of the school year. Any other suggestions?

Oh, and of the 10 I'll have total, only 3 will go to kindergarten next Fall, and then 4 will go the Fall after that, and the others will be another year.
Tags:preschool
Reply Up