Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! 8 Mo Won't Eat
SilverSabre25 07:58 AM 03-02-2011
Usually she eats all her cereal and fruit for breakfast and has about 4 oz of milk about an hour later. So far today she has eaten NOTHING for me. When I try to give her solids, she turns her head and closes her mouth tight. When I try to give her bottle, she gags and coughs like she's about to throw up, but she doesn't. She's been here since 8; it's almost noon now.

I think she's teething (drooling up a storm, dripping clear snot, fussy), but previous to this she's still always willing to eat. She is mostly in good spirits except for the not eating.

I'm not sure what to do...there's nothing I can point to and say "she's sick" and I'm worried that if I call her parents, or tell her mom when she calls at 1:30, the parents will freak out and get upset about it, or get mad at me, or something. I keep thinking, maybe her throat hurts and that's why she's drooling so much and doesn't want to eat? It's the only thing I can think of that might be making her this stubborn against eating.
SilverSabre25 09:32 AM 03-02-2011
OH well, doesn't matter. Mom called and I let her know that dcg hadn't been drinking anything, so mom came and got her. DCM said that dcg wasn't drinking much last night, and she didn't eat much for me yesterday.

Of course...mom left mentioning that they'll see me tomorrow... so hopefully she'll at least be drinking by then.
Tags:won't eat
Reply Up