Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screeching 13 Mos Old has Led to Screeching 8 Mos Old
maelb05 10:59 AM 02-25-2019
I have a 13 month old who has screeched since he was about 7 months old. He doesn't go a day, let alone an hour without this high pitched screech. Some days, it is constant. Now the 8 month old does the same thing! Some days, all throughout awake time as well. Any ideas on how to get them to stop? I thought is was just a phase for the older one, but it has been going on so long that I am starting to wonder if it will ever end. UGH!! It seems they are doing it just to hear themselves make noise.
Josiegirl 02:00 AM 02-27-2019
I have no solutions, sorry!! But I know I couldn't tolerate that as long as you have!! Screaming/screeching/crying babies can wear on a person's nerves faster than anything else, IMO. It's one thing if you know there's a good reason and can try to deal with it but just relentless screaming, no way.
Do they do this at home and how is it dealt with? What do the parents say or suggest? What about soothers? Playing quiet music? I wonder if the environment is loud(mine can get pretty loud at times) and they're just trying to be heard? Doesn't it keep all the other kids awake or charge up your environment with irritated stressed out dcks?
Other than separating them at nap times, I have no clue of how to cope or change it. Terminating comes to mind. It must drive you insane!! I'm sure they'll both outgrow it but I know my limits and I'd be over the screeching; unless it was just a random occasional thing.
Blackcat31 06:31 AM 02-27-2019
Other threads on screeching babies

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=screeching
Tags:13 month old, contagious behavior, screaming child
Reply Up