Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Where do you do daycare?
At home with shared family space 9 40.91%
At home with dedicated daycare space 13 59.09%
At a home that I do not live in 2 9.09%
At a center 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You Do Daycare?
wdmmom 10:11 AM 11-09-2011
We are all so different with one thing in common. We all provide childcare. I'm just wondering how many of you do it at home with shared space, at home with dedicated daycare space, in another home that you don't live in, or in a center.
mismatchedsocks 10:20 AM 11-09-2011
In my home, which most of my house has daycare in it. My kids rooms are upstairs and they are not, and now the new finished basement is JUST for our family, even though the daycare families thought I was building it for them.
AnneCordelia 10:21 AM 11-09-2011
I have a daycare room that is dedicated. But we also use my family kitchen and bathroom.
Ariana 10:27 AM 11-09-2011
My daycare is in my walkout basement and although there is a dedicated space for it, in one part of the basement is my sectional couch and 46" tv where my husband and I watch tv and movies after the daycare day is over. The kids don't have access to this area and I usually block it off with a chair.

I would love to get rid of the sectional and TV and move it elsewhere but unfortunately my house is too small to find room for it. During lunch the kids also play upstairs in my living room which I hate! I can't keep anything in there that is remotely breakable because of the 18 month old. Not sure how I'm gonna decorate for Christmas this year. Odd because I never got rid of anything when my daughter was 18 months and younger!!
laundrymom 10:38 AM 11-09-2011
In my home. Shared living space.
Tags:daycare - location, daycare - space, daycare - type, poll
Reply Up