Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don’t Know What To Do With This Child Anymore!
Unregistered 07:52 AM 07-15-2015
What would you do? I have had a daycare child since he was 7 months old. Ive been telling myself over and over that he will grow out of his aggressive, disruptive behavior but he is almost three now and still hasnt. He throws tantrums, doesnt listen, hits, screams, refuses to take a time out, doesnt nap, throws his food on the floor and is very impatient while Im trying to teach preschool. The parents are great. They always pick up on time, pay on time, and have become friends as well. Im at a lost of what to do. My brain is telling me to term because he makes me hate my job. He's only here four days a week and on the day he isnt here, the day runs smoothly and there are hardly any time outs given out. I feel like Ive put so much effort into him and as soon as he leaves, he would "grow out of it". Ive exhausted all my ideas and resources to try and fix the behavior at this point. I feel like I would be giving up on him if I termed, but I really dont know what to do anymore!
Heidi 11:31 AM 07-15-2015
You are a business person, not a charity organization. It does not say "save the children" over your door.

Do what is best for you and your business, and what is best for the GROUP of children you have.

It's okay...really...you can do this....

Think of it this way: If you overdraw your checking account often enough, the bank will close your account. They're not going to "feel bad" about it, either. Little man is a chronic over-drafter!
Unregistered 01:16 PM 07-15-2015
I have one that is the same. I'm finding a replacement asap. Done with it! Done!!
Unregistered 03:17 PM 07-15-2015
Today was the last straw! We went on an outing after I posted this and he was the only one to not behave and it was embarrassing! At lunch his food went to the floor and he had an hour tantrum because food wasnt ready when we walked in the door. After nap, he woke up and threw another fit because I wouldnt let him climb a shelf! I marched upstairs to my office after they fell asleep and wrote up the letter. Im done! I felt horrible when all his Mom said was "ok" and walked out, but now that it's been an hour I feel SO relieved! Thank God, it will be over in two weeks!
Rockgirl 03:27 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Today was the last straw! We went on an outing after I posted this and he was the only one to not behave and it was embarrassing! At lunch his food went to the floor and he had an hour tantrum because food wasnt ready when we walked in the door. After nap, he woke up and threw another fit because I wouldnt let him climb a shelf! I marched upstairs to my office after they fell asleep and wrote up the letter. Im done! I felt horrible when all his Mom said was "ok" and walked out, but now that it's been an hour I feel SO relieved! Thank God, it will be over in two weeks!
Good for you! I'm sure you are very relieved.
daycare 03:46 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
You are a business person, not a charity organization. It does not say "save the children" over your door.

Do what is best for you and your business, and what is best for the GROUP of children you have.

It's okay...really...you can do this....

Think of it this way: If you overdraw your checking account often enough, the bank will close your account. They're not going to "feel bad" about it, either. Little man is a chronic over-drafter!
bwhahahahhahahahahh you made me laugh so hard.
Tags:aggressive, disruptive behavior, three year old
Reply Up