Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Can I Claim?

I was just wondering. I live in my boyfriends house and I run my licensed daycare out of our home. But, if the mortgage, car insurance, cell phones...etc are in his name can I claim them on my daycare taxes? I give him $ towards bills but they are in his name not mine. Please Help!! I didn't make that much in 2010
Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Boyfriend's home

Since your name is not on the house mortgage you can't deduct any house expenses. If your name is on the utility bill you could deduct a portion of that. If you paid your boyfriend rent, you could deduct the rent, however, he would have to report it as income on Schedule E.

So..... time to get married!

Tags
deduction - household items, deduction - mortgage, tom copeland

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off