Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Dog Peed On Shoe Family Came Back! But....

Some of you asked me to let you know about the family I interviewed
where my dog peed on the dads shoe.
I interviewed with them on 12-20, and never heard from them again.
I assumed they were not coming back. Their boys name was Jaylen.
But during the interview, I heard them call him J.

In the meantime I interviewed a new family, their sons name is Noah, but they sometimes called him JJ. Noah came for a few hours last week a few days, and was to start full time today.

Last week, family #1 called and said "just wanted to let you know J will be starting on Tuesday", I said great, assuming it was family #2 that was calling.

This morning at 6:30am, both families showed up at my door to start for full time care.

I was horrified. I only have one spot open, and cant take both of them. I have to turn one of them away. I told them I would watch them today, but I cant anymore after that. I feel like such a jerk. I have never made a mistake like that!

But at least they liked me enough, despite the pee on the shoe, to come back. Now I just feel bad I have to turn them away.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Wow. Well I would call that an honest mistake. It sounds like the "pee" family were out of your mind completely and it didn't even occur to you that that's who was calling!

Don't feel too bad, just be honest about what happened. Sorry you have to go through this.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 AM

Wow!!! Awesome that you are full but it really stinks that they popped in out of the blue like that.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Ohhh no!! One word...AKEWORD!!

What a day!! But that is awesome both liked you and wanted you to watch their little!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 AM

You know, I've had dreams about this a few times (people just showing up for daycare out of the blue), but I never thought it actually would happen . Hopefully the family that gets turned away will be understanding and take it well.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

Given family #1 didn't call and ask if the opening was still available, they forfeited it by not getting back to you sooner. Not to mention but if there was no deposit or paperwork signed, it's their tough luck.

I know it stinks but it's really their own fault.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks, Mom acted irritated when she picked up this afternoon. But I dont blame her, I would be mad too.
Her son was a pill today too, so not too sad I cant keep them.

I still feel terrible. It was an honest mistake though, and I was honest with them as soon as they showed up this morning.

In hindsight, I should have called to see if they were still interested. But when they never called back, I assumed they werent.

Like Zoe said, they were out of sight out of mind a month later when they called I assumed it was the other family.

I personally called around this morning and found the names and numbers of 5 other providers that can take her immediately. So I didnt leave her with no one. Still feel bad, but thanks for the support. You ladies rock.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy View Post
Thanks, Mom acted irritated when she picked up this afternoon. But I dont blame her, I would be mad too.
Her son was a pill today too, so not too sad I cant keep them.

I still feel terrible. It was an honest mistake though, and I was honest with them as soon as they showed up this morning.

In hindsight, I should have called to see if they were still interested. But when they never called back, I assumed they werent.

Like Zoe said, they were out of sight out of mind a month later when they called I assumed it was the other family.

I personally called around this morning and found the names and numbers of 5 other providers that can take her immediately. So I didnt leave her with no one. Still feel bad, but thanks for the support. You ladies rock.
Securing daycare services for your child is a PARENT responsibilty. I can't imagine why she would be upset for not communicating her needs more clearly?

You went above and beyond what I would have done so don't feel bad. This will be an excellent lesson in communication for this mom.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy View Post
But at least they liked me enough, despite the pee on the shoe, to come back. Now I just feel bad I have to turn them away.
This statement alone should be the reason you should taking family one.

You KNOW they will be easy going.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM

yes since they are now called the pee family..... oy
Acts 13:22

Tags
communication - with parents, funny, spot filled