Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Veteran's Day Question

Veteran's day is a tuesday.
I made my schedule a year ago and passed it out in January. I scheduled monday off and tuesday open. I thought it would be weird to close on a tuesday.

Is this weird? What days are you closed?? Do most parents have Tuesday off and work Monday?
Old 10-24-2014, 01:20 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

More threads on Veteran's Day: http://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=veterans+day
Old 10-24-2014, 04:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I don't close for Veterans Day, bit if you passed out your calendar in January and the Parents didn't say anything, then you should be good!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

I do not close since it is not a holiday for my dh.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:24 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I close on the day of, in honor of my DH who is a veteran. We typically attend a luncheon, ceremony or parade together as he is often asked to participate locally.

I don't think I could pull off the Monday closure, then open the day of, as it defeats the purpose.

If they had a year notice, I would expect a few rumblings about having to pay for a "non-national holiday" closure.... You know how to shut that down, though...
Old 10-24-2014, 05:25 AM

Veterans Day isn't a closed holiday for me either.

Schools are in session as well.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

If you gave them notice, then it's on them. Here our schools are also closed. I am closed on the actual holiday but I also have all school employees.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am closed Veteran's day as well as all school holidays with pay!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

I feel dumb for closing Monday instead of the day of haha.

My parents don't mind at all when I take days off. All but one have family that watch their kids if I close and the other family takes the days off no problem.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Schools are closed on Tuesday here.

I goofed when I made my schedule and didn't realize it until recently.

In the handbook I list the holidays I am closed, and included Veteran's day this year (in past years I stayed open, but always for only one child, so I decided to close this year). In addition to listing the holidays in the handbook I also make a schedule that I give to parents that is separate, so they can hang it by their calendar. Well I forgot to add veteran's day to that schedule. No one has mentioned it. So I plan to stay open and if no one comes then I'll have a day off

Tags
veterans day