Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Taking More Kids Than You'd Prefer Because Of Siblings?
newtodaycare22 10:37 AM 07-29-2011
Has anyone ever had a maximum amount of kids they want (personally, not more than their licensed capacity), but agreed to take more because of a family wanting care for 2 kids?

I'm licensed for 8. I usually take 6 because that's how many fit in my car. I had 7 2 days a week for a while and it was ok-we just weren't able to drive anyway. So, I prefer not to do that again.

I have an interview tonight and the family seems great. Nice mom with great goals for her kids but there are 2 kids-and I have 1 opening. She'd only need part time for one kid, which would make me unable to drive 2 days a week. I told her I'd meet with them and consider it. If it's an excellent fit and the kids seem great then I may do it. I just don't want to regret it. The money wouldn't hurt either though.
cheerfuldom 10:40 AM 07-29-2011
why not just establish a trial period?
newtodaycare22 11:00 AM 07-29-2011
I do have a week trial period built into the contract. I've only pulled on it once. I want consistency for my kids so they don't say "Hey, where did that kid go?"lol

Good point. Worst case scenario-it seems ok but then the first week it doesn't work-I'll pull on the trial clause.
Crazy8 08:16 PM 07-29-2011
I would do it. But I don't transport kids so to me having to stay home 2 days a week doesn't seem like a big deal. Do you take them out somewhere every day?? If you will hate staying home don't do it.
Tags:siblings, too many kids
Reply Up