Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question For Providers With An Assitant
sahm1225 04:51 PM 01-11-2011
Did you conduct a background check before hiring them? what company did you use?

The licensing department is so backed up, it will end up taking months before they do the required background checks and add the assistant to my license. I want to have someone work a few days a week now, so I wanted to do my own background check. I just would feel better having someone in my house that has been cleared...

THanks!
nannyde 04:54 PM 01-11-2011
We don't have the option to allow a staff assistant without clearance before they start. Centers now can run the criminal check in a day but the child abuse registry takes a while.

You do NOT want to hire someone without it. If you hire someone who has worked in a center or a job where it has been checked recently would it help?
Abigail 07:15 PM 01-11-2011
I've been told that the fingerprinting for the Child Abuse takes 2-3 months on a normal basis for becoming licensed. When I started working at the daycare I just had to sign a form allowing a background check and was hired a few days later after it cleared. I would recommend calling again and asking if they recommend a company or direct you to someone who can help because you NEED (need is more urgent than want) part time help immediately and cannot wait months at a time to have an assistant. Best Wishes.
QualiTcare 07:54 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
We don't have the option to allow a staff assistant without clearance before they start. Centers now can run the criminal check in a day but the child abuse registry takes a while.

You do NOT want to hire someone without it. If you hire someone who has worked in a center or a job where it has been checked recently would it help?
i don't think so. i could be wrong, but i don't think you can do this because there was one year i had to get FOUR background checks and all of them were through TBI (tennessee bureau of investigation). it was SO silly to me, but the places that required them said they weren't allowed to share - they HAD to have their own. one was for an assistant job at a school, one was for college to allow me to student teach (even though it was the same school system i worked for who had one on file), one was for a daycare i worked at after i quit the assistant job at the school, and the fourth was for a daycare located inside my college (i worked there in between classes and then went to the other daycare job after). i only had to pay out of pocket for the one to student teach, but all four times i went to the same exact place to be fingerprinted.

then, most recently, i had to get ANOTHER one for a CNA class. i may be the most fingerprinted woman in the world!
MyAngels 06:09 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i don't think so. i could be wrong, but i don't think you can do this because there was one year i had to get FOUR background checks and all of them were through TBI (tennessee bureau of investigation). it was SO silly to me, but the places that required them said they weren't allowed to share - they HAD to have their own. one was for an assistant job at a school, one was for college to allow me to student teach (even though it was the same school system i worked for who had one on file), one was for a daycare i worked at after i quit the assistant job at the school, and the fourth was for a daycare located inside my college (i worked there in between classes and then went to the other daycare job after). i only had to pay out of pocket for the one to student teach, but all four times i went to the same exact place to be fingerprinted.

then, most recently, i had to get ANOTHER one for a CNA class. i may be the most fingerprinted woman in the world!
This is true other places, too. My son just got fingerprinted and background checked for my dc license this past July, then got hired to work at a local school as a monitor and had to do it all again, because the two state agencies couldn't share the information, even though they both use the same company to do the checking.
Blackcat31 07:43 AM 01-12-2011
Here, we have to register with the county for anyone who will be a helper or assistant and the county does the background check. If we don't register them with our county they can not be here, not as an assistant, helper, or substitute.
Tags:assistant
Reply Up