Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow. Glad I Have You Guys
jenboo 07:57 AM 02-04-2014
SO, long story short. I opened in September and had one family that finally enrolled the night before (after rescheduling many times). When they finally enrolled the night before, she changed from part time to full time.
Fast forward, I made a new policy saying that full time has priority over part time. I tried to find a part time to fill in on the other days. I had three interviews with no enrollment. I was not actively looking for a full time DCK but one fell into my lap and I think she will be a great fit.
I let the other DCM know that she has priority for the full time spot (DCG attends 3 days). DCM said this would be her last two weeks. Then made comments like, I don't know what i'm going to do, etc. She has been rather rude this week now. Ill say bye, have a great day and she will just ignore me.

But, thanks to you guys, I am not taking it personally and not letting her problems become mine. She has the option to stay. I'm not forcing her to leave. I am so glad that I can go about my days knowing this is best for my financial situation as well as my family's. I also am glad that you guys helped me to learn about putting situations in the parents court.

I guess that wasn't short afterall
ps. no idea what tags to use
Tags:backbone, full time vs part time, parent problem, sticking to your policies
Up