Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Covid 19 Financial Help (Ontario)
Unregistered 07:03 PM 03-17-2020
Hello all, we have run a home child care for the last 10 years. We have now shut down due to the corona virus. We have family members with pre-existing conditions as well as keeping the children we care for safe. Financially we are in trouble. If any of you know of or find out of any government aid please let us know. All the best to all of you. Stay safe!
Michael 07:37 PM 03-17-2020
Welcome to the forum. Suggest you sign up as a member. We can all help each other here.
Unregistered 08:47 PM 03-17-2020
Look to join the Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario on Facebook. Someone got confirmation today that independent providers in Ontario are required to close as well. We should hear soon about financial help for those who typically don't qualify for EI.
Unregistered 08:53 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Look to join the Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario on Facebook. Someone got confirmation today that independent providers in Ontario are required to close as well. We should hear soon about financial help for those who typically don't qualify for EI.

bah - skip that sounds like there are still mixed messages. Still a good place to check out for information though.
Ariana 05:16 PM 03-18-2020
It appears that we can apply for emergency funding. The wording says “we had to leave our jobs to take care of our kids who were out of school” so it doesn’t particularly apply to us but I can’t see the government denying us. I am mostly worried about the form needing a registration number since we don’t need one.

I wrote my MP and MPP about it but have not heard back. My advice is to do the same. They can’t ignore us. We take care of 80% of families who work. If we don’t work, Ontario doesn’t work.
Tags:coronavirus
Reply Up