Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Say To This Parent?
cheerfuldom 05:05 PM 03-30-2011
posted on another board I am on.

4 month is crying ALL the time and been sent home for being inconsolable. Difficult time nap and straight out refusing the bottle now. It's been at least a month at daycare but perhaps longer, she didn't say for sure. Mom cosleeps and baby has started nursing all night to catch up from the lack of milk during the day. What should she do? Baby is supposedly taking bottle from dad and fine at home so this doesn't seem to be anything medically related.

I already posted my thoughts and am curious what everyone here would tell her.
Evansmom 05:12 PM 03-30-2011
Well as difficult as it may be for her many breastfed babies of working mommas reverse cycle. Link on that:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling.html

So I guess there are two paths that she could take that I can see: 1. she can cherish these night feedings as bonding time that she misses out on by having to be at work during the day. The baby won't do this forever and this time is so special. Yes, she will be tired for a few months but you can't get this time back ever. or 2. she could try to reset her child's routine.

In my opinion the first option is preferable. It's only temporary and it will make for a happier baby.

JM2C
SilverSabre25 05:18 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
Well as difficult as it may be for her many breastfed babies of working mommas reverse cycle. Link on that:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling.html

So I guess there are two paths that she could take that I can see: 1. she can cherish these night feedings as bonding time that she misses out on by having to be at work during the day. The baby won't do this forever and this time is so special. Yes, she will be tired for a few months but you can't get this time back ever. or 2. she could try to reset her child's routine.

In my opinion the first option is preferable. It's only temporary and it will make for a happier baby.

JM2C
all of that. If she's co-sleeping, she can co-nurse too and then she won't even be particularly underslept. I co-slept and co-nursed for a long time and it was the only way I would have survived those early months of parenthood. I suspect I'll be doing it again this time around.
jen 05:38 PM 03-30-2011
One thing I have noticed is that many people don't get a babies bottle warm enough...we are 98.6, breastfed babies are used to pretty warm milk. I think people are concerned about burning them, which is of course a serious issue, but lots of babies won't take it if the temperature is much different than what they are used to.
Tags:crying, sleep problems, won't sleep
Reply Up