Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Beating Down My Door
VioletCupcake 10:04 AM 12-22-2011
This morning my first DCP that was scheduled to arrive texted me and said they would be an hour late. Since I was still sleeping when I got the text I changed my alarm and dozed off. I wake up to my alarm and before I can even find my phone, I hear a knock at the door. So I am scrambling to get clothes on and find a brush, so I won't look crazy. The DCP starts BEATING on my door. It wasn't like I was taking my time! DCP was 15 min earlier then they said they would be. I normally get up about ten to fifteen minutes before the first person (I LOVE my sleep an it only takes a few minutes for me to be ready). I don't understand why someone would beat on my door. All they would have had to do is pick up the phone and call when they left their house. My husband was furious that DCD did that. Not only did he wake up my husband on his Christmas vacation but he woke up my two yr. old, who was scared to death from the loud banging. I guess I have to add NO BEATING my door down to my handbook.
frgsonmysox 10:09 AM 12-22-2011
wow... thats a bit rude! I would have told them that I wasn't expecting them for another 15 minutes and that I wasn't quite ready for them yet
wdmmom 10:17 AM 12-22-2011
I would have let them cool in their heels for 15 minutes. Then when they ask what took so long, tell them you were in the shower because you weren't expecting them yet!
mismatchedsocks 10:31 AM 12-22-2011
I tell all the daycare families that I will flip on the front light when I am open. I had a family one time ring my bell and bang on my door at 5am! I open at 6am. I answered door in pjs and said "yes" she said :we have to work early, he didnt eat yet" as she is trying to hand me the baby. I smile and say I do not open for another hour, you have plenty of time to feed him before then and please do not ring my bell or knock on my door before my light is on.

She just stood there with her mouth open, then she said " i live 30 minutes away, and have to be to work in 10 minutes" I said "I dont work for an hour, so see you then"

RUDE PEOPLE!
Reply Up