Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice on Further Education? Credit/Non-Credit?
DaisyMamma 03:12 PM 07-15-2012
Hi all
I'm looking into taking some classes and I'm having a terrible time choosing what to do.
I am currently a long time small home daycare provider with no official ECE but I do have a B.A. in another field.
My future goal is to open a small center.
I'm looking at programs for Early Childhood Administration from local community colleges and in my searches come up with http://www.scitraining.com/Child_Day...gement/Outline and Penn Foster type programs that are literally 1/10 of the cost.

Any advice is appreciated!
Heidi 05:11 AM 07-16-2012
Go with the online FOR CREDIT classes. When our state went to a star system, formal education was on the top of their criteria list.

Check out if your state has T.E.A.C.H. scholarship program. Our's is through Wisconsin Early Childhood. Check your local branch of NAEYC...
Springdaze 09:41 AM 07-16-2012
If you already have a degree and experience with childcare and are looking to open your own center, look at your state requirements for director. You may just need to have A degree, no matter what it is.
Reply Up