Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Urg! DCG Wet Through Her
ABCDaycareMN 07:53 AM 05-22-2013
"Pull up" after just 15 minutes of being here! Her parents insist she is doing well at home and will bring her self to he toilet!

Here this girl can't even pull up her own pants let alone pull them down.

I have diapers here as I have requested! But they insist they bring her in a pull up.

I can't wait til I am DONE next friday! I am mentally done!
wdmmom 07:57 AM 05-22-2013
How old is she?

Is she learning to use the potty?

I don't allow pull-ups if a child isn't potty training.
Cradle2crayons 07:59 AM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
How old is she?

Is she learning to use the potty?

I don't allow pull-ups if a child isn't potty training.
Me either..diapers only until they are dry two weeks.

If they come in a pull up, and they aren't supposed to be, I have mom change them immediately.
ABCDaycareMN 08:06 AM 05-22-2013
She is 2.5 and refuses to go potty here. That's when I requested diapers. Her parents were good at first about putting her in a diaper when she came here in the am but the last few weeks its been a pull up. Mom told me that they are really working at it at home.

But to wet through her pants right away in the am here means that she is not using the potty in the am at her house.

And the only spare I had was shorts. It's cold and rainy today.

Have i mentioned....I hate store brand pull ups and diapers!
blandino 08:32 AM 05-22-2013
I have a very similar situation with a DCB. I have told mom that since he is showing no progress in PT , that I will not continue to let him wear pull-ups at daycare - and when he wets, I will put him in a diaper. She agreed and understood, but still sends him in a pull-up every morning.

She is a teacher, and DCB's last day is Friday - so there is no point in starting this now - but if I could go back, I would ask her to change him before he left each morning.

I used to say that I "highly discourage the use of pull-ups", now it says that we don't allow pull-ups. Clothing training pants with plastic outers or diapers. And I will ask parents to change them if they come in a pull-up.
melilley 11:30 AM 05-22-2013
I have a 32 month old dcb who's mom said is potty trained at home-he was dry all weekend and even pooed in the potty.
Well so far this week, he was barely dry and didn't poo in the toilet at all! I told his dad on Mon. that he went potty and then 15 min. later, pooed in his pull up. Dad proceeded to tell me "yeah, we told M that big kids sleep in their own beds so over the weekend, M pooped in his pull up and said, see, I am a baby"-so he could sleep with them! So mom lied to top it off! Ughhh...potty training!
HappyPennie 07:59 PM 05-22-2013
I have a similar situation. I have a girl here in pull-ups and occasionally they leak. They don't even have to be that full and they leak out....it's a mess. I've had to green machine my couch and chair twice now She will be 4 in September...she is not really grasping the potty training. Sometimes she will tell me and other times she won't; most of the time she won't. It's frustrating. I also just started a 2 year old boy that is in size 6 diapers but they are too small for him! He leaked out twice today and the diapers were hardly full. He is a bigger boy and the diapers barely fasten. Size 6 is the largest size for diapers, correct? I'm not sure what to do with this situation...I guess the next step would be pull ups, but I hate pull-ups because they don't hold a darn thing.
cheerfuldom 08:05 PM 05-22-2013
If you really only have one week left of care, I would just buy a pack of diapers and stick the kid in diapers right at drop off and put her back in that same pull up (assuming it wasnt soiled) before pickup. You already asked the mom to provide diapers. Normally I would absolutely insist on diapers but with one more week to go, I would just do whatever works for me. If that means $10 or $20 in diapers to get her thru the week with the least amount of stress for me, thats what I would do. I would not do any potty training unless this girl asks to go. The next provider can get something going between her and the parents. There really isnt anything you can do in a weeks time with a kid that is resistant at daycare and parents that may be lying to you.
ABCDaycareMN 05:46 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
If you really only have one week left of care, I would just buy a pack of diapers and stick the kid in diapers right at drop off and put her back in that same pull up (assuming it wasnt soiled) before pickup. You already asked the mom to provide diapers. Normally I would absolutely insist on diapers but with one more week to go, I would just do whatever works for me. If that means $10 or $20 in diapers to get her thru the week with the least amount of stress for me, thats what I would do. I would not do any potty training unless this girl asks to go. The next provider can get something going between her and the parents. There really isnt anything you can do in a weeks time with a kid that is resistant at daycare and parents that may be lying to you.
I do have diapers here for her as I had requested. But she is brought in a pull up and half the time it is sopping wet after a very short time of being here. I do think they are lying to me about her success at home.

But a week left. I'm not going to stress over it. It just gets frustrating having to stop what we are doing to change wet pants and scrub my carpet where she was sitting.
cheerfuldom 12:06 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
I do have diapers here for her as I had requested. But she is brought in a pull up and half the time it is sopping wet after a very short time of being here. I do think they are lying to me about her success at home.

But a week left. I'm not going to stress over it. It just gets frustrating having to stop what we are doing to change wet pants and scrub my carpet where she was sitting.
I would change her immediately to a diaper, the moment she walks in the door.
Reply Up