Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Floor Mats for Daycare Area
Dsquared 12:38 PM 02-13-2014
I am looking for an inexpensive way to cover the carpet in my daycare area. A lot of these foam pieces that you have to put together that they sell at target and walmart are not big enough. Does anybody know where I can get something to cover the area? What do you all use? Thanks!
Jack Sprat 12:41 PM 02-13-2014
Costco has some larger ones I think. Could a large area rug work?
Unregistered 12:48 PM 02-13-2014
the neighbors bought a nice sized remnant of carpet and put it over their wood floors as an area rug. Worked out great and if you look around and ask, you may get a discount.
Dsquared 12:48 PM 02-13-2014
Thanks I will check out Costco. I guess a large area rug would work. I would have to look around for one. Thank you for the advice.
TwinKristi 12:53 PM 02-13-2014
A rug that large would be pricey, have you checked out piecing multiple sets of the foam floor pieces together? Some can be extended to a larger area with edge pieces. You'd have to see if you have the right layout for the size squares. Also check Amazon for those. Lots of options. The ones at Costco are grey and very "garage-y" to me. I almost bought them a couple wks ago.
Childminder 12:57 PM 02-13-2014
I bought 2 at Costco they are 3X5 and I put two together and have a rubber back so nothing leaks through to my hardwood floors. Sam's has them too. If you cant find them try a restaurant supply store.
Dsquared 01:01 PM 02-13-2014
I found these at Home Depot. I like that they are bigger squares. I guess I will go ahead and order 2 Packs and see how they work out.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Best-Step...stomer_reviews
Annalee 06:14 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Dsquared:
I found these at Home Depot. I like that they are bigger squares. I guess I will go ahead and order 2 Packs and see how they work out.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Best-Step...stomer_reviews
I have these mats that I bought at Sams back in 2003 when we built our 24 x 32 room onto the house specifically for dc. They are durable and interlock where nothing leaks through from spills plus the padding is awesome for our concrete floor. If I had it to do over, I would have put the gray ones in place of the yellow. Even though the yellow ones are clean, they show stains worse than the other colors. Back then, we covered the entire floor for $340....The mats have lasted much longer than any carpet would have.
blandino 09:44 PM 02-13-2014
We use the 2x2 foam mats. I ordered the from amazon, but spent a fortune on shipping since I had to pay it twice when I didn't order enough. But I love them !
Tags:floor mats, flooring
Reply Up