Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holes in My Shirt?
Sunchimes 06:37 PM 05-21-2015
I know this is a really strange question, but I'm baffled. For the past couple of years, every t-shirt that I wear for daycare has developed a tiny hole in the exact same spot. It is just below and to the side of where the snap on jeans would be if I was wearing jeans. At first, I thought it was the brand of shirt, so I quit buying that brand. But it is in every single shirt. I don't think it's me, because my other, non-daycare-shirts don't get them.

I thought maybe it was the velcro on the baby's shoe, but I got one today and she wasn't wearing shoes. I put on a shirt this morning, worn one time, in perfect condition. By the end of the day, it had a tiny hole.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas? Thanks
kitykids3 06:48 PM 05-21-2015
bleach?
Leigh 07:11 PM 05-21-2015
go stand at your kitchen counter or sink. Does it hit where the hole is? Mine is from doing too much cooking and cleaning and dishes...every one of my daycare shirts has the same holes!
AmyKidsCo 08:06 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
go stand at your kitchen counter or sink. Does it hit where the hole is? Mine is from doing too much cooking and cleaning and dishes...every one of my daycare shirts has the same holes!
That was my thought too. Or the changing table?
Second Home 03:20 AM 05-22-2015
I have lots of t-shirts with tiny holes too . I thought it was from them getting stuck on a zipper when in the wash .
Maggie 03:30 AM 05-22-2015
This is what it is. It took me forever to figure out what was causing the holes in my shirts. Just last week one of my dcgs asked me why all of my shirts have holes in them.
hope 04:11 AM 05-22-2015
I have those holes too. My DH asks about them all the time. I take very good care of our laundry and no one else in our home has holes their clothes. Well thank you for solving the mystery!
DaveA 04:31 AM 05-22-2015
It's probably something like that. All of my shop jeans have a worn spot or hole in the same spot because I lean on the workbench while doing hand work at my vice.
Play Care 05:51 AM 05-22-2015
It's a friction issue, because all my shirts get the same holes in the same spot.

I just cleaned out my closet and any shirt that had holes went. I have to go shopping now
KayB 09:04 AM 05-22-2015
All of mine do too! I was thinking moths in the closets so I put moth balls in the closets and so far if I get new shirts they have not developed any holes! So that may have been what the cause of mine were!
LindseyA 03:45 PM 05-22-2015
Like all of the above, I have them too. I chuckled because recently my husband noticed them and asked what they were from. I didn't really have an answer. Now I do!! Thanks!
Sunchimes 04:38 AM 05-24-2015
It may be the sink, but I'm not convinced. I'm over 60, and I've only had a dishwasher for 4 of those years, back in the late 90s. I've washed lots and lots of dishes with no holes in my shirts, until I started daycare.. In fact, I wash less now than ever before, because my husband is mostly retired and took over that chore. It's a mystery.

Hubby says it's because I'm old and lean more. I think there was also a whispered crack about my stomach sticking out more, but he wisely didn't repeat that one.;-)
Reply Up