Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Healt Insurance Premium
Vanka 02:51 PM 05-13-2021
Hello,
While doing the taxes for 2020, where on Schedule C would you put health insurance premiums paid for yourself and your spouse? Neither of us qualified to a healthcare coverage through his employer at the time. We purchased is through a marketplace. I read everywhere that you should write it off but where? on Schedule C? we are married filing jointly. Do we still fill out 1040? If so, which line on 1040?

thank you.
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Vanka:
Hello,
While doing the taxes for 2020, where on Schedule C would you put health insurance premiums paid for yourself and your spouse? Neither of us qualified to a healthcare coverage through his employer at the time. We purchased is through a marketplace. I read everywhere that you should write it off but where? on Schedule C? we are married filing jointly. Do we still fill out 1040? If so, which line on 1040?

thank you.
Good morning!

The new forum has a Tax section too!
If you want to post there it may get more traffic/replies since it seems most members are transitioning over to the new board.

You can find the section here: https://forum.daycare.com/forum/daycare-and-taxes
TomCopeland 10:13 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Vanka:
Hello,

thank you.
They are deductible on Form 1040, Schedule 1, line 16.
Tags:deduction - insurance, form 1040, insurance premiums
Reply Up